• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CRT SS6900n (what’da think?)

TheRealPorkchop

Certified Sith Pimp
Aug 25, 2015
NC
9433909B-8FCB-47F1-B2A7-A0071147F7A9.jpeg 4011793B-CEB2-48C2-85A5-B53376EECFED.jpeg Just for fun and just for the heck of it, not as an everyday driver or for serious use. What do you think about this radio? Have to order it from the UK I believe, I haven’t found it locally anyway.

I mean look at it. It has a Lamborghini and the freaking Statue of Liberty on the box. They’re basically saying it’s super fast, expensive and will let freedom ring. You can’t go wrong buying a radio over seas with the freaking Statue of Liberty on the box, can you?

If they put a confederate flag on that box too, your opinion won’t matter and the thread can be closed. That’ll mean you’re a rebel and take orders from nobody... not to even mention the Lamborghini and statue thing, again.

But seriously what is your opinion on this radio.

Reactions: Wire Weasel and Rwb

Same as the Anytime AT-5555.

Which runs about $220 new or so.

I didn't like the channel knob as occasionally it would skip a channel.

Also don't try and use for CW as it wont work per the MFG note the buyer of my old 5555 informed me (which was his primary use)

The claryifier was kinda hinky too..

I did like the adjustable wattage and the menu has alot of options.

Reactions: Rwb
Yes they make some nice looking ones. I just can’t find where to get them at wholesale here in the states. I know there’s a place but I can’t find them.

Reactions: Rwb
Yeah it basically that radio I guess. But ordering it from the UK and paying a retarded amount of shipping on it makes you feel stupid and special at the same time. Plus it saying CRT on the box, kinda makes you feel like you got something everybody else doesn’t have.

Plus there’s that Lambo on the box, remember? And that Statue of Liberty, freedom from the Ranger chassis or so they want you to think.

CBA3FA93-8E32-47D3-BDA2-8BE04F6FF965.gif
Pay attention to the door...

Damn, that’s pretty good RW, beats me, maybe? If I could find the company that makes radios and they’d take my order, I’d put in for a run of Porky Builts. Hahaha.

PorkyBuilt SS3900, for when you absolutely have to get above the ducks on side band. Limiters? We don’t got no stinking limiters.

Haha, oh my god. I kill me.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.