• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CRT SS7900V Turbo 5khz Step Request

I have emailed CRT asking if they can provide a firmware update for the CRT SS7900V to enable a 5khz step (The Anytone AT-5555ii, which is the same radio, has this feature).

Can I suggest that everyone does the same and contacts CRT via this web page, strength in numbers etc ...

Do you ever get a reply from CRT?
I have e-mailed them a dozen times about the SS9900 and have never gotten a reply.

Jeff

Reactions: Rwb
I think at this point they are happy they can even produce radio's to sell. A firmware update is probably on the back back back burner.

I think at this point they are happy they can even produce radio's to sell. A firmware update is probably on the back back back burner.
Would be nice to have updated firmware but they're probably betting on the consumer to just buy the newest revision radio when it becomes available. It's a win win for the oem.

Very likely that it is not available outside of Qixiang Tech. But it is worth a try.

I will BET that the next batch of 7900V's have the 5kHz step. And I will guess they are very close to being released. The CRT website last week said something like "last stocks available".

And now, they are "in stock". They might already be there.

In the meantime if this is important to you, then get a AT5555N ii (latest batch).

I emailed CRT also, but no reply.

Has anyone received a reply from CRT as yet?

I know FOR A FACT that the SS7900V firmware upgrade tool exists (software firmware loader), and that CRT have it available, and that the upgrade is able to be done with the standard programming cable, by end-users.

We need to keep requesting this update from CRT so that hopefully, they get the message, and we get the updated firmware.

For what it's worth, Anytone actually do respond to customer requests eventually, but CRT??? Not so quickly it seems, but hopefully they will eventually.

Please email your requests to:
info@crtfrance.com and superstar@crtfrance.com

Last edited:
Hi all,

I am still waiting for a response from CRT regarding the firmware update. They do have the update, but are not responding yet. :(
In the meantime, the latest versions for sale INCLUDE the new 5kHz step.

Attachments

• 5k.png
    5k.png
    267.7 KB · Views: 9

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.