• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CW practice on air or via the internet

CDX8412

Apr 4, 2005
I am interested in practicing morse code either on the air or thru the internet. If anyone wants to try this, let me know here or e-mail me.
I could use Echolink or Windows Messenger to send and receive code, as well as any freq available in the General sub bands.

I have passed the 5 wpm General test, but I am really not very good at copying code in real life (I listen for slow code xmissions, but don't hear too many), so I am looking for people that have a similar desire to get better at sending and receiving code.

Also, the only way I have found to send code through my computer is to place a microphone near the speaker of my rig.
I tried the headphone output but there seems to be a mismatch in line levels, causing excessive noise. The other problem with using the headphone jack is not being able to monitor what I send.
Anyone have a good way of doing this?

CW PRACTICE-CW WITH YOUR PC-

Hello Paul:
Glad to meet you,we can set up a sked on any freq you want after 7pm EST,23:00 UTC,It will be my pleasure to help you and anyone else who wants to join in.As for sending cw with your pc you need to get a software program-like Multi Psk or WinMix,I recomend Multi Psk I think a registered copy is $30 or so,then you need a Sound card RADIO INTERFACE,Iuse the MFJ-1279-There is another program called CW Get ,all this software copies cw but not very well,but it will send like a bat out of hell,you also must have a sound card that is Sound Blaster compatable.Any other questions just ask.I dont use my pc to send or receive cw its in the hands and brain power???
Take Care my friend 73/GL/DX
DE-K8PG-Paul-CW LIVES :D

CW Help!!!

Hi, Sorry.....nothing to add....just a ? ....... I have passed all the Theory test, but am struggling with code. I have tried a few programs......is there any you recommend? ..... Code Quick was very odd to me. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

73's

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.