• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cybernet Main Boards

secret squirrel

Lustrous Potentate
Oct 5, 2008
Washington, PA
Its taken for granted that Cybernet Main Boards were very common back in the days when automobiles came from Michigan and were made of chrome and steel, expect for the blessed few vehicles that originated from South Bend, Indiana. Back on point to the question. Are all the CB radios that came with Cybernet Main Boards essentially the same radio with maybe a few differences in options- to RF Gain or not to RF Gain, etc. Was the differences in the CB radios have to due with the quality control at final assembly such as a Hy Gain may out perform the similar Kraco because it may have been assembled with better care. My personal example being my Pearce Simpson Pussycat 23 base and my Midland 882b have almost identical internals. Personally, I think the Pearce Simpson performs better. My JcPenney 6218 and my Lafayette 640 HB seemed to be the same radio. The same question could be applied to similar Uniden PC 76XL and the Cobra 29 LTD, but that would require half a case of beer and a BBQ grill. Grilling out maybe required and more beer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

On a one-for-one basis, CBs made by UNIDEN will blow the doors off of anything made by CYBERNET. This was due to UNIDEN's superior circuit designs and higher quality components. Most of the CYBERNET AM units were real dogs, and wouldn't get out across the street. These used the BA521 Audio Amp Chip, which had very low output and would never modulate the radio to 100% (even with the limiter clipped).

However, CYBERNET did produce some great sounding AM CBs for GE. Two of these are the 3-5804D and the 3-5813B. As a general rule, if a GE cb it has "MIC POWER AMPLIFIER" printed on the front bezel, it's a good one. These rigs used the PTBM092COX Main Board, 2SC1306 final, and TA7205P Audio Chip. There was an additional audio amp transistor preceeding the audio modulator chip and these sets were loud and clear right out of the box.

ge5813.png
PTBM092COX mic amp

Back in the day, techs would make the 1306 the driver, pop a 2SC1307 in as the final, bootstrap the TA7205P, and have a rig that would blow all of the other AMers away.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated