• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cycle 25 Forecast

BJ radionut

Supporting Member and 6m addict
May 9, 2008
35 miles East of Indianapolis
Cycle 25 Forecast
The official forecast for Solar Cycle 25 was released on Monday and shows that the upcoming cycle will more or less be similar to Cycle 24. According to the new forecast, we are now entering the deepest part of solar minimum and should begin to see a slow rise in new cycle sunspots towards the end of 2020.
dec9_2019_forecast.jpg

• Solar Maximum (Peak): within period Nov. 2021-to-Nov. 2024.
    • (Note, that is 5.2 yrs +/- 1.5 yrs from Solar Minimum.)
  • Sunspot Peak Range: 75-110.
    • (Note, with a 20% chance > 110, and 5% chance < 75.
    • These numbers will likely be modified with further review of the evidence. The current consensus is biased toward SC25 being weaker than SC24.)

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

Yea, not good ...We are poised to break the Zero Sunspot #s for one year. The totals won't be ready till Mid-January but we are on pace for the worst year in Modern history, It looks like the record of 311 days Zero Sunspots for 12 month period is in Jeopardy.

BUT the MAGIC Band 6 Meters continues to surprise me!
Today:
St.Louis, MO
Arnold, MO
Church Point, LA
Kaplan, LA
Helotes, TX
Quebec, Canada (FN46) North/East of state of Maine:love:
Jacksonville, FL
Plus OH/IN stations, of course, All worked in about 90 minutes near Sunrise (Gray Line) from EM79 near Indianapolis.
Crazy/Fun stuff!(y):ROFLMAO:
All the Best
Gary/W9FNB

Hoping for some Winter Eskip to Central and S. America over the next couple of months.
Some of the Gulf Coast op's have already had an opening to S. America.(y)
The 2 stations worked in Louisiana were diffidently Eskip...They were both S9 +/- for several minutes before they faded(y)

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Even though the conditions are bad, I'm still having lots of fun on the band's. Europe usually daily, South America, Caribbean, and had a nice QSO with an Old Timer in Fairbanks AK yesterday. So while the conditions are in bad shape I can still give my radio a good work out. Keeps me out of trouble :)
I'm proof that 100 watts and a wire is all you need.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.