• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

D&A question

buckwhite

May 1, 2005
does anyone know what D&A amplifier was made with 8 tubes in it? i have never owned one but i have what i think is a good deal and want to see if its any good. the guy that has it says it has 8 tubes
(i believe 6lq6) and it has D&A and the words dual power printed on the front. he says it has 2 transformers in it. any info on this amp? thanks, Bryan

buckwhite said:
does anyone know what D&A amplifier was made with 8 tubes in it? i have never owned one but i have what i think is a good deal and want to see if its any good. the guy that has it says it has 8 tubes
(i believe 6lq6) and it has D&A and the words dual power printed on the front. he says it has 2 transformers in it. any info on this amp? thanks, Bryan

It is probably a D&A Maverick 250, It has four 6LQ6's being driven by four 6JG6's.

what kind of power should i be seeing out of this thing, seems i'm only getting 500-550 peak out of it. still trying it out, its not mine yet. thinking about giving it back. soft tubes maybe?

If that is a maverick 250 you are getting good power out of it. I owned one of these for alot of years. They were a pretty good amp. Is it the old grey colored one ? Later,Mike.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.