• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Damn storms

Mudfoot

Elmer
Jun 17, 2009
Southeast Ohio
At this time, it has been 48 hours with no electric. Damn storm yesterday had some heavy duty sustained winds. My wires were dancing up and down and all around, but they stayed put.

They are still estimating 5-6 days before everyone is back on. I have to drive about 20 miles and wait in line for gas.

Thank god for my Troy Bilt 5500 watt generator. It runs two Window AC units, fridge, freezer, TV and a few lights. Running it non stop. Change oil with synthetic every 24 hours.

Shitty weekend off.

that sucks I know how you feel had no power last year for 2 weeks ..had 2 gens running to run my house and my 2 neighbors houses had to get tv the old fashion way with rabbit ears not a bad pic with the high def...the gas gets to be expensive running around the clock...hope you get it back soon

Sorry to hear that..
Although you got off much easier then many.
At least you had the foresight to have a good generator on hand.

Look what happened to this guy

Attachments

• Pick Up for sale !.jpg
    Pick Up for sale !.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 212
Yes, it is getting rather pricey. I have two 5 gallon cans, plus I fill up my Jeep XJ that holds 20 gallons that I siphon.

Should be enough for 3.5 days.

2 weeks would suck, but I guess people have been out longer. We have a large local clan of Amish around here, course they are unfazed. I don't see how they can wear them long black dresses and such. Must be used to it I guess. It's been record heat lately.

Sorry to hear that..
Although you got off much easier then many.
At least you had the foresight to have a good generator on hand.

Look what happened to this guy

Damn, that's a stout looking tree.

I bought the generator about 8 years ago. It has come in handy several times, mostly during the winter.

we just got power back this afternoon . a neighbor 1 block up lost his car when a oak landed on it .... had about a 20-25 ft pancake on the bottom . my antenna is fine , but the 1 1/2 conduit bent a little . according to the news we had 80 mph winds .
good to be back home in the AC :)

I have been keeping up with whats going on and that is a mess to say the least. I hope they get your lioghts back on soon but with the heat on like it is that will slow it down even more. Thank God for Genrators I have had to use them a time or two myself. I wish you and all God Speed .

It's getting old.

We had another bad storm roll thru late this afternoon. I'm sure it slowed things down.

Stores are running out of stuff. Some are open for cash sales and lead you one by one with a flashlight to buy essentials. The neareast walmart has a generator, but it failed last night. It was back on today and they were throwing all perishables away this evening, what a waste.

I know other people have had it worse, but it still sucks. I have an autistic 15 y/o with asthma and allergies and have both parents over. They have mild dementia and are a trip. Neighbor kids in and out playing playstation with my kid.

My dad hangs out in my shack. He was working some old pals on 80 CW this evening. As soon as power is on, everybody gets kicked out.

Well like i said hang in there they may get them on faster than you think. Its hard when you got to fight everthing you go to do and that makes it even harder.That wind had no mercy on that part of the country that for sure. I do hope they get things back up and running for all of you. God Bless.

Crap....

They just said on news that all power may not be restored until this Saturday.

I am averaging $27 a day in fuel, not to mention around $4.26 a day for a quart of synthetic oil. I'm glad my work has a generator. I wouldn't be able to take a pay cut.

It wont take much of that to get in your pocket real quick. It seems we are never ready for something like this but we always get though. I do hope they get it done faster than that. When you are stuck like that it seems like foever. We had an ice storm a few years back and it was cold wind blowing it was tough to stay warm or go anywhere. Ice was everwhere trees broke power lines down it took about 4 days befor we got the power restored let me tell you that was a long 4 days. We kept warm in one room i drained all the water lines to keep them from frezing . When the lights came back on that was a welcome site.

I do not know why they do not put all power lines in conduits in the ground....that would end power outages.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.