• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Dayton Hamfest 2013

mechanic

Mar 4, 2009
North coast of the USA.... Da UP!
Well I can announce that I will be attending as my motel room is reserved and most of the needed money has been saved up! This will be my eighth year in a row and I have not regretted any of them! Each year has been better than the next!
Lots of things to do and we go down one day early to take in all the other sites of Dayton like Medleson's and the Air Force Museum! For the last two years we have attended the "Four Days in May" QRP forums located in Fairbourn, mainly the build-a-thon.... constructed a QRP transceiver and worked on SMDs devices at these build groups. We also attended an late afternoon and evening FOX hunt several times....Very interesting!
Several years ago I made a purchase of a beat up old Cobra 148GTL, I wondered why I even did that as my thoughts were that the 35 bucks could have bought lots of beer! I managed to restore the rig both cosmetically and electronically by using parts of other CBs and now I call it "Frankenstein" ! :oops:

73 mechanic

Reactions: 2 people

I too will be in attendance for the umteenth year :cool: I remember that raunchy day too!! Didn't happen last year thank goodness :cool: Not sure how much money she'll let me take,but I'm sure more than I truely need,just never as much as I want!!! Ha Ha

The ham wife and I will be making the journey from the Midwest again this year. I was there when the stinky little mishap happened as well and I looked and looked and never saw a canoe or a paddle as that stank oozed by.

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.