• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Dayton Hamfest

I think I've missed three out of the last 35 Hamventions. Saw it get bigger and bigger every year, and noticed when they stopped announcing the attendance total. Figured that was when it started to drop, four or five years back.

Gonna keep going until it peters out, I guess. Or until I do, whichever comes first.

I've been to Dayton once, just to see how it was. Flew out, stayed in a hotel Thursday night to Sunday morning, flew back. Got tickets ahead of time. Free bus from hotel to Hara.

I was overhelmed with the amount of inside displays and the flea market was unreal. Got a free ICOM cap with Dayton '88 on it. Got another free cap from Kenwood. (It helps to be there early Friday morning before opening and already have tickets) Got other freebie shack stuff. Got some free tee shirts, too. Only thing is, the "free" stuff actually cost $350 taking hotel and airfare into the costs.

But it was fun looking around at everything and drooling over the new stuff and I did buy a new HT and a couple of callsign caps and a name badge.

I doubt I'll ever attend Dayton in the future. It's too far from me to make the trip worthwhile.

Dayton webcan

A news post on qrz.com says a guy will be doing live streaming video in the flea market. That's a neat way of seeing how things are in the Hamvention.

I am LIVE at Dayton!!!!!!!!

anyone else here?

less than 14 hours before the fest, im so excited i could piss myself!! :LOL:

Well I passed the element 2 Friday.Now it's back to get some goodies.I ran short on time so I GOTTA go back.
I didn't get to roam around inside and see the hamsexy chics,
BUT,rest assured I will today!!!! Well,time to hit the road. :D
Slim

:shock: :shock: :shock:

dayton05-3.jpg

hamfest my butt....lol

Boy oh boy is Bill's wife gonna be mad when she sees that picture :shock: Make the best of it while you can Bill.It might be the last time the XYL lets you go. :p

BTW those pictures definately show that you are indeed Hamsexy :!: :p

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.