• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

DB9 to USB

Kraquin

Oct 31, 2020
So I'm going to start utilizing control software for my receivers. Both of my receivers have DB9 connectors for their control ports but my PC doesn't have a DB9 port. It does have several USB ports.

I looked around and found some DB9 to USB adapter cables but the reviews are mixed.

Anyone have experience with this?

Did you get DB9 to USB connection to work or did you use a motherboard in your PC with a DB9 port or ???

thanks

Reactions: Rwb

I use cheap usb to rs232 converters and it just work.
You could add pci card with RS232 your PC too. I also use it time to time.

I knew there was something I wasn't thinking of .......... a 232 pci card. I think I'll do that. thanks.

Reactions: Rwb
Just so long as it's a real FTDI chip in the thing. Unlicensed fakes were being sold all over the place. FTDI figured out a way to allow their official Windo$e driver code to identify a fake chip and refuse to connect to it. Some USB "cables" for the BaoFeng handheld radio have been sold with the counterfeit chips. Turns out that a computer old enough (like XP) that was never updated with the new driver will talk to them.

If the thing mysteriously refuses to work, suspect this problem.

Reactions: 928bolo

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.