• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

DDRR Antenna Loop (Directional Discontinuity Ring Radiator)

Shadetree Mechanic

Delaware Base Station 808
Oct 23, 2017
The First State (Delaware)

He showed me his mobile DDRR antenna years ago...man does he get out. Pretty sure it doesn't have the gain of a 1/4 wave type. But what do I know. Call him, he loves to talk...and actually knows what he's talking about.
My friend has a commercial made 11m version we used as a "luggage rack" antenna. It was completely stealth on his Dodge. I recall he had another one new in the box, I'll see if I can get a picture.

Anytime I see an advertisement for a co-phased antenna, I pretty much know that it is mostly B.S.;)

This antenna is similar to designs found in the arrl handbook and manufactured commercial antennas.

they have a high radiation angle , sometimes referred to as a "cloudwarmer" and perform best for local comms.

This basic design works, but, there is nothing "magic" about it.

Reactions: 357magnum
There is another thread here somewhere with some info about this antenna.
They were used by the Navy back in the day.
YouTube had a vid of mmm talking on one on top of a pickup one time.

Jeff

Have a look at this Thread, the DDRR shows up about page 2.

Jeff

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.