• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Deals on Galaxy Radios

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
I was just on the phone with my distributor (ordering some parts) and he told me that they just got in a bunch of radios from Galaxy that have very good pricing. They are all factory refurbs that carry a full 2 year factory warranty.

As an example of the pricing, I could send out a Galaxy 959 for $129.99. They have similar deals on most of the exports, as well.

I'm sure other distributors will start to have similar deals, so I thought I'd give everyone a head's up.

I been seeing this aswell kind of wild the Export radios have good deal tags on them aswell also as you have mentioned.

Wow that's great. Where is this that I could take a look at? :)

Ummmm....right here??? The distributors don't publish wholesale prices. I was just quoting the price that I could sell it for if I got it from them at the wholesale price. Look around the internet soon and you'll probably see similar pricing. Or, PM me if you want me to get one for you.

Ummmm....right here??? The distributors don't publish wholesale prices. I was just quoting the price that I could sell it for if I got it from them at the wholesale price. Look around the internet soon and you'll probably see similar pricing. Or, PM me if you want me to get one for you.

Ok, moleculo.. will do... I will need to search around them Galaxy radios because I want certain features on built Galaxy's that I was trying to compare in the past.

Looking for a Galaxy Radio w/

1. Roger Beep w/OUT Echo
2. A - H channels
3. FM
4. AM
5. USB
6. LSB
7. Frequency Counter
8. Dual Finals non/ built in pills

.. and the regular features that a Galaxy normally have on the norm. What model could that be?.. I go search. :)

I just drove 1800 miles from San Jose CA to Storm Lake IA over the past three days. I took my Wilson 1000, an Astatic D104/M6
-and my Galaxy DX 99V...

I cannot tell you how much I am impressed with this radio. The receive on it is the VERY BEST I have ever owned. Nothing impresses me more with a radio like the ability to receive. Driving thru Nevada, Utah, and Wyoming, I turned the squelch knob all of the way off - no squelch - and the vol knob 1/2 the way up. NO JOKE. The radio was stone silent, and I could give radio checks to truck drivers thirty or more miles away. The wouldn't even register on my S meter; but they came in loud and clear. I have never seen a radio perform like this one.

It will modulate with the best of them. Clear and loud. Ran it barefoot the whole time and was never lacking. Powerful output as well - I must say. The ONLY downside - and only very small at that - is that the frequency will drift a bit until it has been on for 10 or 20 minutes. Other than that, the SSB receive clarity is really in a class of its own. I'm keeping it.
I recommend it - you bet!

BTW-I had a great QSO with 'rabbiporkchop' - a member of this forum - while in Wyoming yesterday. About 50 miles W of Laramie at about 1 PM/MST...

Last edited:
Moleculo, could you check and see if the base models 2547 are also available and how much? If no refurbs then how much for one new?

Last edited:
so i guess i cant sell my galaxy for what i was planning on.... i spent way too much money on it and wanted to make some back... and was THINKING about selling it for 150.... :-/ cuz ive had so much done to it to get it to work right after the butcher job it had done when i got it...

Since I've gotten a few inquiries I got pricing on a couple other models -

DX 99V - $269.99
DX 66V - $184.99

plus tax (if applicable) and shipping.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.