• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Did they ever make a Regular CB Radio with a BandScope?

DualAntennas

Oct 6, 2013
I think it would be awesome!!!

Would it be easy to put one on a CB?

I think it would be awesome!!!

Would it be easy to put one on a CB?

You done yet TROLL?????? I heard the members over at the Copper Electronics Forum are antenna Experts. So if your uncle the truck driver is not available for all your dumb a$$ questions you could always register over there. Are you Mods done with this clown yet ?????????????

Reactions: 1 person
Not to my knowlage has their been a CB with a band scope made.....

Can one be put on a radio or built for a CB....yes,if you are an eletronics genius

But the cost would make your wallet cry and be treated for major depression

Some amateur bandscopes internally convert the 8 Mhz IF frequency to 455 Khz inside the bandscope. In that case the CB 455 Khz IF can be injected directly into the 455 stage in the bandscope.

The second option is to mix the CB 455 signal with another that will convert it to the bandscope input IF frequency. If you only need it to work on SSB, many CB radios run the SSB IF strip close to the same frequency they do in HF rigs.

Typically 7.8 Mhz is a common CB IF frequency for SSB. That SSB IF signal can be directly injected into many bandscopes and will only require slight alignment of the bandscope to match this frequency.

Always tap into the radios IF strip prior to any crystal or ceramic filtering. Otherwise you will only be able to view the bandwidth that can pass through the filter.

PS: Do you guys really find his questions more offensive than some of your responses? Obviously his want to learn is big enough that he takes the time to translate every word in these posts and the same for his responses.

Any of us remember all the questions we asked the first time we found someone who could provide the answers? In my years of learning electronics I produced many questions that had to appear rather stupid to my instructors. One that comes to mind is the afternoon spent with a four terminal bridge rectifier.

The component clearly had two terminals marked DC, positive and negative. I had the battery connected correctly to those terminals but could not figure out why no AC was coming out of the other two marked AC....

That got a good laugh before choppers, vibrators and oscillators were explained to me. Come to find out that a simple relay could be wired to chop up the DC from the 9 volt battery and drive the step up transformer to make my small little "shocking" device.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
PS: Do you guys really find his questions more offensive than some of your responses? Obviously his want to learn is big enough that he takes the time to translate every word in these posts and the same for his responses.

Not all of the questions have been posted in the open. Some of us have gotten PM's with some real doozies. :whistle:

Reactions: 3 people

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.