• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Different DX

I have to say, even though I have never met the folks from Europe face to face, I really miss talking with them as the skip is non existent for the past few weeks across the pond. John from N' Ireland, Scotland, Germany, UK Italy, France, etc.... and all the rest of the good folks that will move up or down one from 38 and shoot the bull with ya for 30 minutes or so. I don't waste too much time on the hit and runs. Not interested in that stuff. it really is a great winter hobby when we're all frozen to freakin' death and stuck in the house. :bored:
Some of the ham bands are open, I was on 20 meters and worked a couple over seas stations. Times like these its time to start thinking about getting your ham ticket.

We are going into a solar lull so the 11 meter band is going to be dead for a while just as is 10.

Reactions: 1 person
This! And the Superbowl, I admit it gives me a chuckle sometimes.

Me too.

Ya know, sometimes da 'bowl is actually good for checking propagation. It's interesting how those who "make their own propagation" have signals that are so robust that very slight changes in atmospheric conditions are more readily observed.

Plus, where else are you going to learn all about duck-pluckin' mudducks shakin' the bushes who just got down?

Reactions: 1 person
Me too.

Ya know, sometimes da 'bowl is actually good for checking propagation. It's interesting how those who "make their own propagation" have signals that are so robust that very slight changes in atmospheric conditions are more readily observed.

Plus, where else are you going to learn all about duck-pluckin' mudducks shakin' the bushes who just got down?

The English language, being the standard, those guys take it almost into a language all their own. Foreign? Def' a hybrid domestic. Need a whole new dictionary just for that cb lingo.:p

Dx was excellent today hope everyone had as much luck as I did SSB was so crazy her I was using AM again even made it into WV , been trying to make a contact there for a while .<More audio>

11 meters was pretty good today, short skips, got KY, IN, VA, WV, and a bunch of others up that way today, made many contacts. Even made contact with a member of another forum and had a qso on the base and in the mobile. Good stuff and it's still coming in now at 19:00hrs.

Brain Dead ?? You could be on to something Capt , but I made it through the 60's an the 70's ! These days I just don't have time for Boom , Boom , Bang , Bang an I'm back quiet ! lol:LOL:

LOL I hear ya. I just figured that from what I have heard on the bowl if anyone on the bowl could outwit someone then that someone must not be showing any brain activity at all. :D

Was Dead here yesterday . To quote Hobie ... Zilch , Zip , Nada . I heard 305 portable working but dx was so bad I couldn't get back . I hope its better in your locations started to come in around 1600 hours but just not strong enough .<can not stand it>

Wow, spoken like a "true ham".I wanna be like you someday!

Nothing to do with being a ham so let's not go down that bumpy road. It has EVERYTHING to do with the general mentality exhibited by most operators that I have heard on there. The verbage,what little you can understand thru the distortion, usually sounds like the rantings of a demonically possessed mental patient. Some operators are much more sane sounding mind you but the ones that constantly ramble on and on and on and on and on.....you get the picture. How many times do they repeat the same word or words in one looooooooooooooong drawn out keydown on the bowl anyway?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.