• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Different DX

...How many times do they repeat the same word or words in one looooooooooooooong drawn out keydown on the bowl anyway?

The 'bowl average for word repetition 3.685 based on a sentence word count of 12.633 WPS (Words Per Sentence). On weekends it rises to 4.785. This is calculated from transmissions averaging 30.314 seconds in duration over a 5 minute sample, with mean of .096, and a margin of error of .042%.

Next question?

Reactions: 2 people
The 'bowl average for word repetition 3.685 based on a sentence word count of 12.633 WPS (Words Per Sentence). On weekends it rises to 4.785. This is calculated from transmissions averaging 30.314 seconds in duration over a 5 minute sample, with mean of .096, and a margin of error of .042%.

Next question?

You have obviously spent more time listening to it than I have. In fact I think you spent far too much time listening to it. :laugh:

Reactions: 1 person

Next question?

I'm just impressed you can make out actual "words" (and count them!) on that over-modulated splatter fest!:D

The Dx is in here this afternoon mostly UK & Ireland I made contacts with both , an a operator in Idaho this morning I had a decent QSO with 306 in North Ireland .:)

Spoke with 696 needle bender and a couple of world radio guys in Cali today from Louisville, KY in the mobile. Not much happening right now though. This was on 38 lsb.

Sorry , mine was also 38 lsb , everything above was there but weak an nothing below .Also had South Africa in there this am but couldn't make contact .:oops:

357, short skip was just boomin' in from Ohio, Ten', W VA, Great Lakes, Ontario, Nova Scotia and New Bruns' yesterday. Hope you came in from the garden to have some fun. Tried to get a station in Ontario to send you my regards if that was you he was talking to but he ignored me (like most people do once they get to know me) after our initial qso. First time I was able to get out west from the house. Take off angle is so steep to the west that it actually works real good for that part of the country when the short skip is in play. There were a couple of stations with some of the best audio I've heard to date.:D

Yes Hobie , I talked to 155 Peter in Quebec yesterday on 38 lsb an 37 lsb he said he was using a Smoking Gun beam he came in here like a local also made contacts in Kentucky , Tenn . an north an south Carolina an quite a few others . That was me 1183 .:D

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.