• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

digital master 780/hrd and FLdigi are really crash happy

running windows 7 64 bit

ok,... when does it crash? in a certain mode? CW, PSK,???

are you using a USB to Serial port converter?, many of them have issues.

download the latest free version of HRD 5- which is 5.24.0.38
http://hrdsoftwarellc.com/downloads/default.html

Try doing an install over what you have- (which should update it) you will probably also need to run the : Utility batch file to reset Read Only- which is also available on the link above.

try reducing output power and see what happens. goodluck

FWIW, I have also found that fldigi is a little goofy. I don't have a lot of advice to offer on how to resolve it, except to stick with HRD or MixW. fldigi does offer some modes / features that the others do not, so I just live with the goofiness when I need those features.

Windows 7 64 Bit, and 8 GB of RAM. I think you need big RAM to make it stable, just guessing though. Anyway, never had an issue. It has acted funny a few times in the last year and I just restart it.

I've had several versions of HRD, some were more stable than others. The latest version, 6.1.something or other seems to be stable, so far. I don't use it much, I have other programs for specific 'digital' modes and don't care to computer control the radio. If it works for you and you like it, good!
- 'Doc

There lies your problem. Force it to run in 32 bit mode.

I don't think that is the problem. I have run HRD 5.24.0.38 on 64bit systems exclusively. I have run it on Windows 7 64bit, Windows 8 and 8.1 without any issues. This is my experience anyway.
Cheers

I don't think that is the problem. I have run HRD 5.24.0.38 on 64bit systems exclusively. I have run it on Windows 7 64bit, Windows 8 and 8.1 without any issues. This is my experience anyway.
Cheers

Same here, I have no problem with that same version.

Cheers
Maybe but windows is very flicked and its worth a try running it in 32bit mode. Personally what I would do it build a Linux box and run CQRLOG and FLdigi to control the rig.

I have an OLD 5.0 beta version that still works good on my Win7 32 bit laptop. I actually found a cable from Radio Shack on clearance (it was for programming a RS scanner) for 5 bucks, and it works on my IC-718. This is a pretty old thread, and it looks like HRD has taken the older "5" versions off their site since the original post. I guess to sell their "6" version more, for which I can't really blame them. I tried to download the last "5" release, but all the sites that had it would give my antivirus program a big red flag. So I will continue to use the beta, I guess. Unless you guys know of a safe download site?

Also downloaded the Log4OM, which looks kind of cool. I'm just now getting set up to log via LoTW, as I have found that many people do not confirm QSL via QRZ's site. :( Now to figure out how the heck to make the Zed ADIF files match up to LoTW for uploading. :eek:

Brett

Here is the last free version by the guy who made it.

IW5EDI Simone – Ham-Radio | Ham Radio Deluxe 5.24 Download – Last Version

If you can't get it from there I can upload one to my site and download it from there.

The way he has it set up, it wants to download a bunch of malware crap onto my computer. I got the same issue at Cnet.

On EDIT: I may have clicked an ad instead of the download. However, now that I'm trying the download, I'm getting the same warnings from my antivirus program. I'm saving it and scanning it, then will see how it does for an install.

Brett

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.