• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Digital modes on 11 meters

mechanic

Mar 4, 2009
North coast of the USA.... Da UP!
I have heard packet mode on the DX band of 11 meters above channel 40. My question is about the other modes such as JT65, FT8, Olivia or RTTY and more.
Since the FCC has loosened the distance restriction stands to reason the rest of 11 meters should be less strapped.

mechanic

The problem with digital modes is it is far easier to cause splatter with them. On amateur radio gear anything more than just a tickle of the ALC meter indication when TXing usually means a splattering signal, if its moving to levels typical on voice you'll have lots of people complaining. When it comes to CB people seem incapable of using mic gain properly so I reckon it would be hell if they all started on digital modes.

Mechanic I have also heard the data on 11 meters, and in EU there seems to be some use of digi modes.
Should work fine, like any other hf band propagation permitting.

Do you guys think the average CB person cares about interference?
Just look at the videos of what these guys are doing.

I wish people would use them, but they won't. I have an AOR digital voice that kicks ass on the hf bands. Only know of one cber that has another.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated