• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Dipole doesn't see ground.

Not to be Captain Obvious but the antenna is located indoors and you have no idea whats in the walls causing problems and that's in addition to what everyone else had to say. Antennas are like horses..they like the outdoors.

No, I just took the picture with it like that so you could see how it is built. If I had it outside fully erected, You wouldn't see it. It stands at full height 13' from the ground. I test and tune outside. And as I said in post #17, Its not weatherproof yet. In this humidity and lately rain, It would be worthless shortly after.

No.
A dipole is balanced and does not require a counterpoise.

As far as your antenna build goes, the mounting pole so close to one end of your 'dipole' is probably far too close to it and capacitively de-tuning it,

Has got nothing to do with needing a counterpoise . . .
I agree to much metal very close to the whip pulling the frequency low.Rethink your mount. How about remove the back plate and replace it with a second L mount then flip the whip mount 180 so that its in the clear and try again. The Coiled coax is a choke not a counterpoise. Dipole doesn't require a counterpoise.And the different length whips wont mater as long as both are resonant.

Reactions: Marconi
Never work in a month of sundays vertically like that. The coax needs to come away horizontally at 90 degrees for several feet otherwise it becomes part of the antenna through capacitive coupling.

I bet if you were to take it like it is and put the whips horizontal with the coax dangling vertically below it'd tune up fine.

Never work in a month of sundays vertically like that. The coax needs to come away horizontally at 90 degrees for several feet otherwise it becomes part of the antenna through capacitive coupling.

I bet if you were to take it like it is and put the whips horizontal with the coax dangling vertically below it'd tune up fine.
Why not mount it horizontal and see what it does?

Reactions: AudioShockwav

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.