• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Do I own the only Galaxy DX55 HP

I think Maybe, being an export radio without SSB probley has something to do with it
and speaking of the 55V Not the HP, that they can be bought so cheap and converted and
a NPC mod done to them by just about anyone for 50 cents worth of parts that a Dealer
cant make money off of them.

Old Hat stuff is another way of looking at it, But I can tell you this that every CBer in
Kaufman County,Texas ran 55s except for myself :) always gotta be different ya know..

I fixed up I dont know how many during the last cycle for friends and on the cheap at that.

Galaxie 55V = 160.00
TS Mod V = 100.00
5ft Firestick 11 = 25.00
NPC mod = .50
Labor :( = N/C

Total = 285.50 Bad to the Bone talking machine.

Yes I know you can talk around the World on 2 wattts.....geezzz give me a break

John aka. The Dealer CDX211

I don't know of many that ever took the leap and bought a DX55V either. Sure, they were out there; but not in the numbers as some of the other models. Within the last 24 mo., there have been less expensive radios with more features for the 55HP to compete against.

its probably not a bad radio, but for the price range, there are too many other choices out there with more bells and whistles to offer than the 55hp

Had one given to me that was beat up in an eightteen wheeler and messed over in a truckstop cb shop. Took awhile but now talk on it daily using a 4 amp power supply and a i/2 wave dipole swung down vertical at about 45 feet.

An export spec radio without SSB is about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike,which would make it about as popular as a fart in an astronauts suit,why they keep making these radios is totally beyond me.:confused::thumbdown::thumbdown:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.