• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Doc in buffalo,NY ?

Doc in Buffalo has worked on 2 of my HR 2510s and he is awesome!! He really gets them to talk.. Rodgerbird ive been told detunes radios to not swing very hard..

Just found our Doc passed. RIP Doc. He worked on a few of my radios many years ago and always did a great job. Now I would like them looked over again to align and retune, so who works on them now days that I can trust to do a good job?

Last edited:
Just found our Doc passed. RIP Doc. He worked on a few of my radios many years ago and always did a great job. Now I would like them looked over again to align and retune, so who works on them now days that I can trust to do a good job?

Any tech worth a damn can do that with the proper equipment, the HR series is a straightforward radio and well documented. Tom had his followers was a good guy and I enjoyed visiting with him (even though I thought the neighborhood was sketchy) but the truth is anyone with radio repair knowledge could/should be able to do the same as he did ... Tom said basically the same thing.

Reactions: Mudfoot

Late I know, but just want to pass my respects to Doc. He worked on a 2510 for me and brought it back to life.
We had several enjoyable conversations during the repair.
Very sorry to have heard of his passing.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?