• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Does anyone have one

purenrg

Jan 27, 2009
I was thinking about getting one of the lighting 8 quad beams from Signal Engineering. Does anyone have any pic's of this antenna setup? And how well does it work?

WOWWW!!!
The beam is 42 feet across! It's HUGE! How much is it? 5-$600? Plus the tower $$$?
Whewww!
17dbi gain is nothing to sneeze at - that's for sure.
Palco has a 3 element vertical beam for a lot less money, and it is good for 11dbi @ $130.
Maco M-103C - Palco Electronics
Also, H&Y Electronics has a horizontal 4 element beam good for 13.5dbi gain @ $156
4 element beam from SIRIO-Amps, CB Radios, Maco, Antennas, Meters, Coax, Mics

The antenna you've chosen will cost about $500, plus the tower will cost ???$$$, and the rotor for that giant will be anywhere from $310 to $1,300. That's a rig that can upwards of $2000++
Both of these antennas that I dug up for you use a standard low-cost metal mast ($50-$75), and you will need an antenna rotor to finish the package as little as $90. It is something to think about - unless you have your mind set on that 8 element giant.
http://www.palcoelectronics.com/p1006377.aspx

I was thinking about getting one of the lighting 8 quad beams from Signal Engineering. Does anyone have any pic's of this antenna setup? And how well does it work?
I run the lightning 6 quad beam from Signal Engineering and love it. I have it on a tower and turn it with a Ham IV rotor. My station is considered one of e big stations in town. I love shooting skip with it.

If you do the installation right, and don't have alot of wind and ice where you live you should be ok.

Drifter, how wide is the band width, can you go down low in the 25.000 mhz to the 26.000 mhz with your lighting 6 ? And how well does it handle TVi with the neighbors ?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.