• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Base Does anyone know what antenna this is? (Super Scanner)

It looks like the relay box is intact. I will have to see if they have the control box.

View attachment 27883
The control box shows up on Ebay from time to time. There is on on Craigslist here in Seattle now.
I had one that came with a bunch of other stuff I bought. It worked but I had a hard time selling it on Ebay. I had to list it a few times. It finally sold for $15.

The Super Scanner was a very popular antenna back in the early 70's. As I recall pretty expensive though.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
They have a patten like a 3 leaf clove in Omni mode. I’ve heard of people putting them on a rotator so they could turn one slightly because of this. A friend used one and it worked pretty well when it worked.

There were two dudes in the late 60's and into the 70's that had these. I do remember seeing them very frequently and talking to people running them. There is still remnants of a few withering away on masts.

The one old man was a friend of my dad's. We visited often, he bragged about it. I do recall reports of relay problems, but when they worked, people loved them. I myself, would rather have a 3 element Yagi, or preferably, a PDL.

There were two dudes in the late 60's and into the 70's that had these. I do remember seeing them very frequently and talking to people running them. There is still remnants of a few withering away on masts.

The one old man was a friend of my dad's. We visited often, he bragged about it. I do recall reports of relay problems, but when they worked, people loved them. I myself, would rather have a 3 element Yagi, or preferably, a PDL.

I remember back in the 80's working many stations in far northern climates such as Greenland, Iceland,Norway, Finland etc and they liked to use the Superscanner simply because it was hard to keep rotators from freezing up in those locations.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.