• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Dropmaul 99 on youtube

Staybolt

Mar 20, 2013
Anyone have opinions good or bad about this guy? I just saw a video where he mosfetted a cobra 19 plus.

I was wondering why there were no videos in the last couple of years must have been something sudden. That is too sad don't like to hear that as I myself am not far from silent key status every day is a glad I'm still sucking air kinda day. That being said my review of the videos stands I can only offer my condolences and sadness for his passing. But I have deleted it as it serves no purpose other than ill will.

Reactions: LeapFrog
Chris "StickMan" KC3HYG
became a silent key in May of 2017.
May he rest in peace, & may God Bless his family.

He was an amp builder and competitor.
He repaired and modified radios.
I used to watch videos on his YouTube channel Dropmaul99.
Wow - that's sad.

In the vid - he does not sound that old, I'd say by tone of voice and inflections still quite young - at least younger than me...

The 19 + yeah, people picked on it as well as PC-33 - but when you got thru their restrictor plate sections - that thing kicked some serious butt for a simple 40 channel.

So for a MOSFET LC had one done for an 19LTD - including tweaks for audio trimming like you'd do for a 19 + or any AM radio with that PNP limiter amp scheme.

Here's the link to the 19+ VId...

Last edited:
Well thats sad. Ive been going through his videos. He seemed to be a very nice fella and no bs which is hard to find.

I was wondering why there were no videos in the last couple of years must have been something sudden. That is too sad don't like to hear that as I myself am not far from silent key status every day is a glad I'm still sucking air kinda day. That being said my review of the videos stands I can only offer my condolences and sadness for his passing. But I have deleted it as it serves no purpose other than ill will.
Why ill will? The guy was honest!!

A friend since the 90's..RIP. I only met 2 radio techs that could fix, or figure out anything electronic.... smoked way too much.

He was a pretty sharp dude, I bet the other lives near a "Garden"lol
Yep. Just good people. Miss talking with Chris. Can't tell you how many times he filled my 2 hr plus commute home...then he still be talking some. He had tons of ideas out of the box. Little drama too..Why do CB/Ham tech just love drama. Guess that could be it's own thead.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated