• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Dropping volts

If it is dropping that bad under load its almost guaranteed the alternator or voltage regulator ( if external) that has died
Just had to complete download on charging system all perfect . Starting to think something in my amp is causing it but what part or component .

OK so you had TWO issues with the negative lead? One at the [post and another at a splice? At least you found it. Most people fail to think about the negative lead which is at least as important as the positive.

Reactions: mrgumby
OK so you had TWO issues with the negative lead? One at the [post and another at a splice? At least you found it. Most people fail to think about the negative lead which is at least as important as the positive.
Yes all good . However I re ran new lines and Anderson clips. I ran ground from amp to seat bolt , at first I was squealing bad removed seat bolt scraped all the paint away and was perfect . Not sure why the paint at seat bolt caused me to squeal?

Yes all good . However I re ran new lines and Anderson clips. I ran ground from amp to seat bolt , at first I was squealing bad removed seat bolt scraped all the paint away and was perfect . Not sure why the paint at seat bolt caused me to squeal?

It was not making as good a ground connection as you may think it was. Poor ground connections can cause all kinds of RF problems with amps and cause them to squeal.

Reactions: BJ radionut
It was not making as good a ground connection as you may think it was. Poor ground connections can cause all kinds of RF problems with amps and cause them to squeal.
Yes sir. All that time running around losing all those volts I wonder how much I was actually putting out of my amp? I’m thinking no were near 100 percent .

Pretty common issue, often people don’t run large enough wire or fail to get a good ground. As Captain said it can create some weird issues.

Reactions: Ziploc

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.