• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Drugs.

An old proverb, "No good deed goes unpunished"
That's the truth. It bothers my wife when I try and distance myself from him, like I said earlier I'll only interact with him if he asks me questions but I keep the answers short and sweet. I told her every time I'm nice or try to establish some kind of common ground with him ,he'll screw me over every single time. I've already replaced my cordless tools because I refuse to pay the pawnshop anymore for my own property back. Now the tools stay locked up in my truck and go where I go, I only take them out if I have to use them, now the wallet will be done the same way. I apologize for dragging this crap up again, but I really have no friends to vent to here at home, so I vent on here because sometimes it's all I have. I know it the same ol song, second verse same as the first. Again sorry.

Very OT...but something plaguing me.

Has anyone had to deal with a loved one hooked on drugs?

It’s been a while now, and things have come to a head. I have little faith in the resources available. Don’t know what to do.
I have a stepdaughter heroin addict, currently in-recovery and over two years clean. God (through his servants in a church in TN where she now lives) stepped in. That said, she was clean several times before, always relapsed, and cost the family THOUSANDS in stolen property including priceless heirlooms, two vehicles, and stolen CC debt.
I regret to be of the opinion that there is very little you can do for him/her. Because, to the addict, everyone, (including family, even their own children) are potential "funding sources" for their next high. They will do whatever it takes.
We also lost a son-in-law to an OD in 2016, leaving three daughters to grieve among the rest of us. Only the SELF-MOTIVATED individual addict, relying upon a lot of help from God, can change their course.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.