• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Dual MR Coily Enforcer Comp Setup

Thx gald you like it some people sayin it is junk because they are not running a big setup like this. Work really good so far need dx to test it more

As usual...You have everything half-A$$ Backwards...Nobody is saying your stuff is junk...Those antenna's are anything "But" Junk, and your Radio was one of the best of it's kind in it's day, and is still noted as one of the best Base Radios made...

Problem is how you are using everything you have...You have not got a clue on how to set-up a what could have been a killer-station, and when you asked questions on how to set everything up, you totally ignored what people told you, you should do...

Results are, you now have something that is a embarrassment to CBer's across the World, that do take their hobby some-what seriously...

I find it hard (as well as most people who keep up with your posting) to believe that you think your set-up would be considered as you put it: "A big set-up?".....Your not even running all that much power with that dinky Palomar, yet somehow you have it in your head, that the more money you throw at this mini-van, it's somehow going to be King of the Airways and rule the Bowl!:D

Apparently your taking the advice of some CB Shop down there in the Dome on what you need to do to be herd, and they are selling you a bag of goods. And then your turning around and buying into it...Not to mention your probably spending a fortune letting them do all the work...

I think as long as your spending money at that shop, I'm going to invest in the shop! Their going to make Fortune Magazines Top 10 Company's by end of the year!:pop:

Dude...You have posted these Pics, and asked questions on just about every CB related Forum on the internet, and on every Forum got the same answers back from most everyone....

I'm just thinking, maybe it's time you go back, and re-read what everyone has been telling you, before you waist another dime...Or...Just stay the Joke of the CB World....up to you.

Last edited:
hey , at least hes not going around telling everyone that they should do things the way he does because it works for him . hes not a member of the HCIPBW club . ;)

give em hell Djdoubt !!!!

i thought that was really wrong that some folks at mauldroppers wanted to bann you Dj for not taking their advise . i thought it was incredibly stupid of the staff there to even consider it . its just shows how they cant stand to have a different opinion other than what they want there .

LOLO, there's the smart ass I've grown to appreciate!

Come on 74, tell us all what there is to appreciate with sick folks all cooped up in a computer room, unsupervised, schemin' their little reality show ideas and just chunkin' comments.

He must have pulled it after all the $h!t he caught over it. The antennas were mounted on each side on the rear with most of the antenna below the roof line of the van.
I'm sure someone will post it up for you.

Here it is.

Attachments

• DJBoutit.jpg
    DJBoutit.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 348
Let's see...
To me, radio is an ongoing process of learning. He will learn if he keeps on trying. So long as he is asking the right questions and willing to accept and absorb the content of suggestions -so long as they are not belittling - he will have to reach his goals. If his goal is to talk on Da Bowl; then he has set a high standard. He must think like a competitor on the airwaves - right? Like any of us who had to learn this stuff, sometimes it isn't as easy as it looks at first...

His co phase setup has problems - too close together. I think this is what so many have seen and mentioned - if I'm not mistaken. This means excessive wave cancellations at his end - no output gain - but loss. The preferred distance between antennas in a co phase setup - in order to see gain - is to be 18 ft apart. Which he could never do on this vehicle. I see that the antennas aren't quite 9 ft apart; which is the minimum distance required to make a co phase antenna system work. I also see that much of the antenna length is below the level of the roof line. Which isn't the best way to do it - again this cost him some performance that he seeks. The bungee cords may be ugly and look a bit out of place; but it worked. If he changes this system to a single antenna put in a better location; he won't need the bungees and will find far more of what he seeks - Da Bowl. If it was me doing this, I would mount one antenna on the center of the roof with a puck mount - first. I would use Belden 9913 Flex coax between the radio to linear and to the antenna - second...

Using a Cobra 2000 base radio in that vehicle? Surely doesn't make it a better radio for mobile use - as it is nothing more than a Cobra 148GTL w/o meters, power supply, and a box. He could get a better radio for that situation. Must take up a lot of space needlessly - but I'm sure he must know this by now. How big is the Palomar amp? If it is a low drive amp; I would use an older Uniden Grant XL or a older Cobra 148GTL. If it is a high drive amp; I would use a 10 meter radio - like a Connex, Ranger, Magnum, or Galaxy. But if he runs the 2000 and likes it - to each his own.

A cheap Skythumper or a more expensive Turner RoadKing would be my choice for a mic. Low noise - high output - either mic. An Astatic D-104 is still my favorite mobile mic; only so long as the vehicle is very quiet...

He will figure it out - that some don't wish him harm. Some of the comments made earlier in posts were constructive - I thought. If all else fails to work for him as he has it - he has the materials to juggle around to do it right. Did I leave anything out? Oh yeah; ground everything to the chassis. Park it on the nearest/highest hill when skip is in and leave the engine running would be a big help. Maybe a Texas Star DX 667 if his alternator can handle it? He wants to talk on Da Bowl; he will have to figure it out...

Oh yeah.
It is one thing to just talk on Da Bowl.
It is another thing - altogether - to be head and shoulders with the loudest stations...
I - for one - want him to do well.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.