• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Dummy load fluid

Tokin

The Man With No Shoes
Oct 31, 2019
SandBox
I was looking for something other than straight mineral oil and after some looking I came across this product and would like some input.
https://engineeredfluids.store/products/vc-310?variant=21940388855889

Screenshot_20200411-093137.png

The Bottle says Tyler TX, hmm...didn't they have some kind - plant explosion there just last year" ?

Like Yahoo Serious, finding the formula to put Foam in Tasmanian Beer...fortunately no one was killed....

The MSDS shows it's pretty inert but this is initial product testing, hasn't gone thru the Run-Of-The-Mill conditions of affecting Fetal or CAS overviews (those external rounds of CPSC reviews) - which considering California, and how it wants to regulate everything - stay tuned...there is a CAS statement saying there is no KNOWN carcinogen - the keyword is KNOWN...

MSDS Attached...Considering that it only pertained to the VC-300, searching for the 310 and others listed - all brought me back to the VC-300 Datasheet over this product - no way to know what the 310 or higher levels refer to in attributes - so you have been notified...

Attachments

• MSDSVC300Series.pdf
    134.2 KB · Views: 181
Reactions: Rwb
It would need to be filtered to remove ANY dirt or contentments, which would reduce the "FLASH" value of the oil.
You say "FLASH value" like its a bad thing :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Probably not going the atf route but its good to know as a bush replacement when nothing else is available.
For my particular application I believe I can use several of the different formulas that the company lists and ill probably buy the least expensive. I dont think I would notice a difference between the vc 300 and the 310 and shiping for 20 litres is only $15.

I was looking for something other than straight mineral oil and after some looking I came across this product and would like some input.
https://engineeredfluids.store/products/vc-310?variant=21940388855889

View attachment 36157
Nothing wrong with mineral oil. It's cheap, clean, and can be found locally at Walgreens or CVS. You can swallow a teaspoon of it for digestive health.

Transformal oil is slightly better for heat. It does costs a bit more and this one you posted is really expensive.

For a dummy load, what are you expecting to gain with a more expensive oil?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated