• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

DX Engineering experience

What did you buy?

While we wait for RS to reply...

On Sunday I ordered one of the Heil Proset 6 headsets and adaptor for my Yaesu radio from DXE. Fed-Ex shows out for delivery this morning. I had a proset I bought in 2011 that met a tragic end in the move to our new house last June. My other half backed over the box and made spare parts out of it.

I used it in the 2011 MI QSO Party, got great audio reports and I actually won low power single op for my county. Hoping to repeat that this year so you guys look for me this Saturday on 40 meters - WD8T. It's a tough call to do the QSO Party on Saturday because it's going to be sunny and 70 degrees for the first time since last summer!!

I'll operate fast and furious so I can soak up a little sunshine :)

What did you buy?

not a lot, just one of their 300 ohm LL fed multi band non resonant dipole kits, 160 thru 10, 260 foot radiator wire.

actually its a nice kit, I was impressed by the quality of the stranded coated wire.

Heck, I would have spent more time & $$ buying all the parts locally.

making a 130 ish foot long 75 meter antenna,... and for the $10 difference between a 130 and 260 version, I will have enuf wire left over to make something else too.

I always add in some small stuff that I always need, UHF connectors,ect to get the amount over $100 and the free shipping kicks in

Dx Engineering carries 255 Mfj items. All my phones we made in China. Gee, most of my computers were made in China. You know, a lot of radio (analog and digital) components are made in China. This is the first time I have realized this stuff is not good quality! Why would Dx Engineering carry so much junk? Maybe it's not junk? Oh, I can afford Mfj and it seems to work: great. With Dx Engineering support, what's to worry?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.