• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Dx in South Texas

Couple contacts today - Monday mourning:
188SD104 Tita .580 8:30am
165CM102 Manuel .580 8:40am
Heard a 2 div calling 116 div which I could not hear.
Talked long path to 43JDW211 Rob .480 9:40am over 13000 miles a 4/4!
Heard Rob talking to 44WT012 George - very good long path conditions.
Was all 14/30/31 div early, now after 10am seems to be opening up!

Good stuff philpoh .... I was on the side listening to that long path this morning...the station also with him was 447 in the Carolina's I could hear all sides...Carolina, s Africa and the Australian station!
I worked a few this morning...Europe great contacts.....lots of good spots on 27.net over the last couple days...I just can't get to anything new.
Trend it on a few minutes this afternoon....Canada and me USA
Might be good later?

Sat - heard 2st004 Florida 10:30am talk long path to Australia/New Caledonia and S Africa. Only giving me about 1/2 signal but faded into the noise level.
Couple 173 divs were coming in pretty loud around 11am signal 6 and 44 div.

Philpoh..I also could hear that Qso! Long path was really working! I made a couple calls but just could not get in the loop.
Made a couple contact today into Tahiti and Hawaii ....it's 505 pm cst here now and I hear almost nothing, few minutes ago 172sw31, 347ir684 and a couple 41 stations calling.

I worked a few dx stations in the last few days...nothing special? Anyone hearing anything? Philpoh...dx man ....??

Weak conditions...but some rare Dx heard in south Texas today!
39sd101 Alfred working a 347ir684 both 5/7 few minutes later 188ir905 at 4/4
Then while swl ing 4 mex/0 heard a 162oz018 ? Calling....I was not able to contact anyone of these!!!! Did make a quick shout th Angola but my signal was to low....he was not able to copy enough to hold a Qso!
I hope someone here was able to work Africa today. Lots of echo qrm here and the band seems weak but fewer stations calling allows me to hear some good ones.....I'll get them logged someday...:confused:

Conditions

Night before last night was good for conditions north to south. I made one contact with triple 5 in New York. This is the best for me running barefoot in a mobile. Last night people from Texas ,Louisiana ,and Florida were coming in on my receive but couldn't make any contacts. :confused:

??? It not the watts....barefoot is enough. Are the stations you hear strong? With signals at 5/5 or better.....if they are, many times you should be ale to make the contact? Keep listening you'll get some contacts. Good luck
Just remember on ssb it's not the watts, I worked reunion island on 20 watts....was a party in a Qso a few days ago working northern Canada to South Africa using less than one watt...I was using 20 watts and the African station noted no difference in the signal levels. The Canada station was at .750 milliwatts. If the band is open power is not an issue.

New year and new DX!

Looks like a good jump in SFI and SunSpots from WM7D dot Net

"Looking at the past week, yesterday we saw a sizable gain in solar flux, when the value went from 106.7, 113.6, 117.8, and 119 to 128.8, on December 30 through January 3. NOAA and USAF predict solar flux at 130 on January 4-6, 125 and 120 on January 7-8, 115 on January 9-10, 110 on January 11, 105 on January 12-13, 110 on January 14-17, 115 on January 18-20, and 120 on January 21-23."

So very good conditions for Friday and upcoming weekend!:D

Philip

Philpoh thanks for the spi numbers....Great ! It's about time! I saw a report couple d to a few Qso this morning....got a couple cards today from Greenland .....helps me to get ready for seeing what i can work in the morning.
Noted Dx Man spotted working Norway across the pole! This afternoon, That is a good sign
Angola worked by s America is another good sign! I missed Angola last week
Conditions have been off but the stations I hear are great...Europe has slowed some but not disappeared. Hope I can break 100 dxcc worked this weekend?
I need 5 and two missed last weekend....good luck to all and happy new year.

It's Sat @9am and numbers look even better:
SFI 143
SS 167
A 2
K 0
Have not seen numbers like that in a while, still on .555 quiet - DX in the noise level from Europe.

Heard Andy again 101AT170 Friday @5pm about a 4/4 signal on .555

Ghutch I'm at 92 div worked since I put up my ant last April 2012, wanted 100 by 2013 - missed probably 3 to 4 stations.

My 17m crappie dipole died in Ohio's Dec snow wind storm, got another one made and ready to go up using reinforced aluminum tripod instead of fiberglass.

Started out slow....some Europe, then the dx started moving south...then 156 came booming in! My first 156 division contact! ::D:D
Made the day.....worked a few Canada and north east USA stations.
Some of he northeast operators worked russia and eastern europe this morning I turned it back on about 330cst looking for the s Pacific...nothing.
All morning South America was working, chile, Argentina, brazil Mexico, curaçaoI was looking for Suriname but did not hear them....a couple stations have been on the band over the last few days. Also some good activations via MEX radio club have been showing up....as a note many of the Spanish speaking station you hear speak English....ask you'll be surprised at the number that are bi lingual and surprised at the divisions you'll run into! Good Dx

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.