• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Dx in South Texas

thanks for the links, i bookmarked them. another great condition day and im stuck at work. i might have to put the antenna on my suv at lunch time and try gettin out on the 980ssb mobile unit.

Europe along with ne usua and canada was strong today in s Texas. Slowed down about noon. Heard a 101 division calling about 400pm cst. South America in and out all day...
Philpoh and camaro you were right conditions have moved up! I ope they stay up.

Stuck at work also camaro1 - and knowing all that dx is coming in!

Very good conditions again today - was predicted downward trend till Jan 20 and continue to go up till end of Jan - have to say again great month!

Current Solar Flux report:
SFI: 169 A-index: 3 K-Index: 0
Report last updated: 16:01utc 10 Jan 13
Current Sunspot Count: 153

Got in late last night @10pm - turned radio on and band was jumping New York to Florida and some short skip to Tenn, WV, and Ill.

ghutch any Eastern Europe coming in on Jan 9/10th?

Work! I guess I work to be able to radio(not rodeo:p) and fish. I had to work the last couple days.....BUT the dx was good both 9 and 10 Philpoh
I was traveling on the 9th and heard dx rolling all day...Europe south to s America....during the afternoon some Asia came in but the band shut down in 5 minutes? For me anyway!
Today the dx was the same Europe was very strong....heard some poland east europe,Ukraine and Russia about the time arrived at the office! Slowed down
at lunch time and I was inland a few miles so the dx is half or less what it is at the water front areas. Coolest contact was 101/43unit 045.... I was talking to a BC Canada mobile and heard someone say good morning garry? Check the caller and 101/43unit045 Grant came in for a few minute Qso ...low signal, audio only at time but that was cool....heard him calling later and posted it hoping others could work him. He and I had a odd couple days a few weeks ago....he was calling long path 2-3 days in a row coming into s Texas at 8-9 AM .... It was 2 or so in the morning? In Australia. We exchanged emails, the conditions changed and then I saw a cluster spot of his vacation call....101/43unit045 a couple days ago. I was great to have a 101 division call ya and be able to have a Qso....101 is a rare one here for me....I have only 2 101's in the log previous to this one. Looking forward to his pictures via email. We could have talked several times this evening as I heard his call for about 45 minutes
Work tomorrow but will be near the water and with a radio!!
Anyone hear Japan? Thailand ? Philippines? I see a couple Thailand on dx27 cluster but have not heard till today from Asia or the oceanic area?
I'll post earlier tomorrow if I start hearing new ones....the conditions look to be great next few days. Good luck everyone.

Flux index:174
Spot number:145
X-Ray index:B9.5
A index:3
K index:1

Still excellent this mourning --- need to get a mobile --- when smokers are on break I could be DX-ing! What kind of mobile ant you running ghutch?

Hoping Sat mourning stays excellent!:unsure:

doing the same here, going to go out on my lunch break and see if i can get out. the uniden 980ssb and wilson did fine before when conditions were good, i got a deal on a RM kl300 so i installed that last night, might make it a little easier to get out from the mobile unit!

Wilson 1000....20 or so bonding straps cab Doors hood etc to the frame. Bonding section on K0BG.com website really helped! Lower the noise level dramatically with these straps...and the proximity to the Gulf of Mexico never hurts.
Band here is wide open....Europe is booming in as well as some Central America
It is 840 AM cst time here the background noise is up slightly from yesterday but nothing to stop dx. I see some Cameroon spots on dx27 cluster showing up so Africa is also getting across. I hear some guys calling to eastern european and africa right now! Good luck guys

any good ones? philpoh, camaro,dx man ?
i think I heard a 305 division calling this morning? do human beings live in 305 division? Frans Joesf Island ....dxman do you see anyone listed in SD or AT directory? i did not get the complete call
I made a couple calls and gave a qsy freqency, but nothing?
got a couple cool cards in from 250 division today, one from rarotonga island the other from cook islands PAS250/0 also a couple from france and belgium
sending one into the 156 for the contact a first.
made another long path 43 division contact this morning....it was 1100PM his local time 43jdw211 Rob.....heard him a few more times calling later.
the pacific and 43-41 divs are not getting into texas or at least to me? today was all european and the band seem to close early. good luck in the morning....ill post early what it looks like here. 73 Garry

only time i had on the radio today was at lunch break in my mobile, so only N.A. contacts, washington, cali, florida, canada. going to try in the morning from home.

I was at work also:mad: - will be putting a mobile in near future.

Todays sun data for Jan 12, 2013:(y)
Flux index: 172
Spot number: 166
X-Ray index: B9.0
A index: 2
K index: 0

On now @ 7:30am can hear dx just at noise level.

Dx started here about 755am cst...much Europe ...I have made a few calls but listening 99%. Nothing rare here....did hear Cameroon being chased a few minutes ago. Iceland is posted on dx27.net 26.630 I cannot hear them!
Right now dx is mostly Canada and USA. It is 942am cst and EU has faded
Hearing 43jdw211 calling right now long path 945 cst

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.