• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Dx in South Texas

Dx was good today....very strong propagation from Europe, canada, south and Central America. Eastern Europe was not as strong! No Russia or Mid East/Africa
But if anyone wanted to work 20-30 + European stations it could have been done!
The clusters showed about the same, propagation looks to be stronger in a north to south and west pattern. At least that is my observation.
Here ya could have worked the majority of South America, I missed a couple calls from Suriname! That would a new one..but easy copy on .brazil,chile Argentinia,panama,Uruguay, Paraguay French Guiana, all at 5/5-9 most of the day
Did add a new division being a short Qso with Max 218 div. activation
Also talked with member 9wr2000 for short! Always cool to hear a wr member on he band.
Ok anyone else?? Philpoh? Dxman?
And a question? Anyone hear of an activation in the pacific? Kingman Reef? Or know where to find info...was told it is active today or to be active very soon.
Good dx

Sat was very busy on 11m much qrm - dx starting around 8:30am Ohio time.
Mostly Western Europe many large signals, got couple 233 327 divisions.

2unit333 you were very busy check dx27 cluster, more then once I heard a station having a qso with you, but could not hear you.

Looks like good conditions today:

Put up my 20m crappie dipole on Sat @28 feet - temps in the 60's in Ohio -
my first ever contact was Slovenia, next Serbia, then Chita Russia(250km from Mongolia) - got lucky was 1st in line on that call - then came the pileup.

Next antenna I build is a hexbeam.:drool:

Philpoh....we will talk someday! I heard a couple guys up in the mid west, Indiana and one Ohio yesterday. Normally I don't hear these stars well.?
I started a small antenna project myself....a single quad loop- delta loop IF I don't die from the darn cold I picked up. Reason for all the radio activity and posts were that I spent the last two days in the mobile rather than risk giving this bug to my wife and family! And it is a good excuse to spend all day on the radio!!?? All I have to do is cough a couple times and the door is open wide.....
Yeah yesterday I decided to log more of the contacts.....had plenty of time on my hands

This morning I worked a few but was not able to pull an all day expedition. I did hear the " first in flight activation this morning....was not able to make contact and a few minutes later heard the 2na001 a guy working mobile from a airplane? I wonder if it is the same guy? I held a Qsowith with him a few weeks ago in his plane....he actually lived in Corpus Christi years past.....told him my operating location he new just where it is and the surrounding area! Small world.
The 218 div activation in Belize was stronger today here.....noted dx man working Russia on the dk cluster last nite! Russia is a hard one for me thus far. The 218 Belize was a new one for me.... and I missed Guersey Island 168 this morning! Conditions were wide open about 830am cst.....I had to turn the knob to the left and did not get back on!

Dxman... I know your working some good ones....asiatic Russia is cool anything else to report? I hear Some west coast/BC Canada and some Washington and a alaskaan highway mobile yesterday.... give me a call if ya can.

Lil yeshua, don't know what your talking about? Maybe some idiots on 555 talking and not qsy'ing? I get the idiot from Canada and Maryland here. I guess that's what you are talking about?

73 guys good dx.

At work:bored: looking at upcoming SFI predictions.
Month of Jan looks to stay high around 130 while Feb will rise! Looks good!

Need to start submitting to DX27 - make it habit.

Also Russia very hard on 11m for Ohio - best chance was back in Sept 2012.
This upcoming weekend with Monday off - hopefully will get the DX chance.

Dx was good today....between sneezes and coughs....I also had two great contacts with members today! Dxman strong as always and I finally made contact with philpoh!
Enjoyed it guys....made the day....also short Qso with brian 2at058 and Jim 2at191.... Working the stateside dx a little today was really good.
My dx report Looks like a broken record....Europe in the am slows down about noon and as Europe fades I hear things from all directions. I worked a 43at/dc activation operator Diego but can't find anything on it...QSL mgr is 143at139? Did not see anything on the at website? Also worked Angola today had a long Qso with Alfredo, I had heard his call a few times but today is the first solid contact I have made to Angola. We talked 5 minutes or so and the band woke up to his location and went qrm. He was on with a good signal for an hour or more here I went back to the freq. and listened as he worked all around the US.
One thing i noted today and the last couple as the grayline propagation comes in here and a hour or two before dark/day lite.....where the grayline is is the best dx zone. I know this is how it is suppose to be, but the last few days you could bet on it. Tonite I was thinking. Chile should be an easy dx zone as I looked at the map, 32at012 came in at 5/9. The grayline was past me here in south Texas but was running north and south thru the middle of chile up thru Alaska. This is an area of dx I don't use to my advantage but I will start.
Good dx 73 guys

some good contacts this morning....EU wide open. later africa 156 Cameroon worked but not the 216 Mali station. I could hear him 216 but just a the noise floor....he was working a pile up!
afternoon Grant 101/43unit045 was in at 4/4 and had a pile up on 620. i did not hear any 41-43-201 zero west coast and just a few west canada stations.
almost zero floor noise on the band....even with lower SP numbers the dx was good.
philpoh? anything in you radio?
Dxman?....the activation in the pacific 261 chathan island never heard here.... ill listen some monday.... post if i hear them

73 good dx

Turned the cobra 2000 on just to knock the dust off of it, been sitting so long.

Had many West Coast stations in there, QSO'd with some station in San

Diego for few minutes on 38LSB, amazed me the amount of QRM on freq but

still able to maintain a QSO, must have had a pipeline going to Cali from FL.

I favor the CRX cluster site over DX27 for 11m. Seems to have more North American spotters along with more spots due to its inter-connection data sharing with other clusters.

http://www.crxcluster.com/dxclusterframe.php?format=html&items=20

DxCluster - CRX - Node N1

The Cluster.DK site is now accepting members but it has been weeks since I requested membership and am still awaiting acknowledgment, effectively still being useless unless you can get in.

I use both clusters....dx 27 is the one I use for a log....your right DK cluster has never sent me any acknowledgment ?? They are taking new folks that pay into the lounge which is ok it cost to keep that thing going! I may join it as well if they don't send me a sign on....waiting over a year...:p
9wr2000 was 5/9 here calling into Scandinavia a couple times tried ya but condition must have been one way.

Philpoh ?? Hearing anything? Great to talk with you finally!
Dx man...conditions in your area improve? Any luck into 261

No radio today....brake job on my station??:)

Nice QSO with you also Ghutch, great sounding mobile - strong signal into Ohio - also hope your feeling better!

Not much 11m this weekend - mostly Western Europe nothing new heard.
February SFI predictions are looking up.

Put my rotatable 20m dipole up another 15' about 1/2 wavelength up now.
Got into European Russia couple times on 17m - nice signals 5/7-8 and then to Saudi Arabia on 20m 5/5 signal - love 17/20m band:)

I'm hearing many (for me rare)DX stations on 17/20m bands that I can't get past the pileup - still learning proper timing and all that.

Will be listening for 261div today - thanks for heads up DXman!

Been getting home by 4:45pm from work and conditions have been dead on 11m in Ohio - nothing!

20m got Canary Island/Norway/Australia all around 6pm with some big signals.
Also heard couple Japan stations on 17/20 meter after 6pm.

This was incredible I talked to Pakistan form my mobile This guy was an american working on a pipeline there. My longest contact yet 2970dx and 102 steel whip!!! coming back from the lake all i can say is wow!!!!

Just made a contact with Double 15 in Central California and got covered up by the Ontarians. Oh well! Running legal 12 watts LSB on ch 38

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.