• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Dx500 vs DX1600

Also, not very happy that I paid for this. Obviously cold solder joint, and a dead short a dead short center pin to braid.

7681CB5F-D014-499C-98D5-61101818E2DC.jpeg

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Ok, that’s about what I figured from looking at the spec sheets.

The math still doesn’t make sense to me, though. Haha.

People tend to say x amount in per transistor, but these numbers show the two amplifiers behaving very differently with watts per transistor being the same. All things being equal, if DX500V makes 500watts with 20w in, the 1600 should do 1000 with 40w in.

I guess this is what you get with non-linears, haha.

The required drive levels can be changed to a higher or lower level by a good tech.I believe it's a far easier task with a solid state amp than with a tube amp so it should not be an issue with the DX-500V or the DX-1600.I have seen the drive levels changed in the Pride DX-300 several times & the output was still the same.

SIX-SHOOTER

Reactions: 2NC995
i called them and asked which brand transistors were in the 16 and they said that they didn't know . Uh, could someone look please?

Reactions: 2NC995
[QUOTE="dledinge
Would a DX1600 work with 15w carrier, and 45w Pep? [/QUOTE]

it may be happier with 8.
screwdriver told me 8-12 max

i used to run my old sweet at times with the motor off working long distance ground waves without the driver on my galaxy 88HL at 5w carrier and 35-40. it did great and the battery bank lasted longer than I ever asked them.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated