• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

DX95T

B

bobkat

I just bought the new Galaxy 95T, and would like your opinions on this radio. This is my first Galaxy radio.

-thanks

95t

Ihave this radio i like it alot!! I have for almost a year it does 125 on am and almost 225 on ssb i tget alittle hot though so i thought about havin my local radio shop install two fans inside on top o fthe case for the 2pil inside . i'm selllin mine right now becuase i cant use it with the box i have it would overdrive it becuase on a 5watt dk it will swing to 100watts no problem. hope you enjoy it i liked mine

Re: 95t

Did you have yours Tunned when you bought it? or was it stock with that power? I don't think I'll be running an amp.

-bobkat

2AT124, why dont you contact one of these amp builders on here, (AM POWER). I have built several class C amps that will utilize this as a driver. In other words, this radio makes a great driver for a 8 pill!

95t

yeah i was thinkin about that yesterday .right now i have a brand new davemade m-400 5pil i got off a buddy so i would like to take use of it of that amp . Dont get me wrong the radio is really great the audio screams . just right now i would like to run my 5 pill and put some money aside toward the 8 or 12pil i was thinkin about gettin from Fatboy amps. but like i said radio i practicly new i will get pic on here soon $350 obo ship depend how u want it shipped

Is Fatboy amps the new rage ? Hard to keep up, Xforce, Davemade, Joker and now Fatboy.

95t

i like fatboy amp becuase they look neater inside better workmanship plus thier shop is like a hour from my house so if i everhad a problem with it (which i know i wouldn't) i could just take right up to Atlantic City ,NJ .Thier custumer service is the best i have ever had too!! :D

It's a Fatboy world!!!!

I've had it for a couple of day's now and at first I was dissapointed because I couldn't turn the talk-back down, so I just turned it off. There was also a SWR problem that would come and go. I wanted to adjust the Echo Board and had to take the bottom cover off to do this (not a bad idea, once adjusted no need to see it agin). When I took the cover off I noticed that the Talk-Back curcuit wire was being pinched under the cover, relocated prob solved. The SWR problem I found was just a ground issue.

Now I'm happy. 200 watt swing, dead key 2 - 55 watts. It does get rather warm after jabbing on it for awhile at full power. I had the Tech's choice Tune Up when I bought it. He said he put a swing kit in it, but did not cut the limiter. Is this standard for the Tech's Choice?.

Great RX, and with the Turner Mike awsome TX.

Does anyone else have this model and what are your results and mods.

-Thanks

That radio is supposed to have 2 micro fans like the 2970Dx does. Do you have to work it to get it hot or just normal talking ?

95t

yo really have to work it to get it hot . it on has one fan in it on the bottom heatsink . thier is a mod where u can install 2 more fans on top of the case for the 2pil inside . the rx an dtx onthis radio is great with swing kit installed this thing really get great swing

Butcher318 said:
That radio is supposed to have 2 micro fans like the 2970Dx does. Do you have to work it to get it hot or just normal talking ?

I'm impressed with this radio. I had it mod'd when I purchased it. It Dead Keys, full power at 50+ watts, and Swings 200+ watts. At min power it Dead Keys around 5 watts and Swings 100. I talked a long time just to see how warm it would get, and it takes awhile for it to get really hot, but it will get hot. The fan mod sounds like a good idea. The limiter was not cut, the modulation is awsome at full power.

I love the Starlite face plate at nite. Every feature you would want on a radio.

+++

I like this radio too. However, for the money, I would purchase a General Grant. Pretty much the same radio only without echo. QuackShack had them for 385. You wont find a 95T for that!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.