• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

EBAY SELLERS

Last edited:
Yes, the dss 9000, or the ranger 6900 ( less the freq counter), the wood grain is different i will say that.

I really liked my 6900f, but I had to replace the VR for the fine/coarse clarifier.
I literally wore the thing out sliding around on 10/12 meters, in fact it was getting sloppy again when I sold it, and told the buyer that he should replace it.
You are going to find that most radios you see have several clones floating around for use in different countries, it is nothing new.

Jeff

Do you think it's a good radio? The scratch on the top case looks more like a fancy capital F that someone personalized on it. I've already put a bid in a GE 3-5829B by the same Ebay seller. It would be nice if I could snatch up the Ranger clone at the bidding price it's at now(0 bids) but there's a few days to go there.
Couldn't you wire in a VFO somehow to eliminate wearing it out?
I've discovered a cheat on my CRE-8900 to keep it from wearing out the channel changer(use a Road Devil mic),I just hold the channel knob just enough to make it change channels without clicking it over each click. A scan feature would help a lot. That's what I do also with my 8900 when I want to scan the band.

Last edited:
NOS/NIB Realistic TRC-435

I bought a NOS/NIB Realistic TRC-435 off Ebay. This little radio has ANL,RF Gain,Tone,Modulation Light,AWL. I thought it would be a neat compact radio to go in the mobile for everyday use. It has a Modulation control pot to adjust the modulation,not like some other Realistics that have resistors fixing the modulation at a fixed value. It's got a SM5124A PLL IC.

It will take care of power line noise that the Uniden 505 can't handle.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Realistic TRC-435 first impressions.

Just got my NOS/NIB Realistic TRC-435 today. The Ebay seller was on the up and up in being honest in their description of this little gem. I'm liking it better than my Uniden 505 already just because the 435 has an ANL and a RF Gain control plus CB Tricks has a alignment/tune page on the 435. It's got a fairly good receive though I suspect I need to burn this radio in for a day or so and then check the receive adjustments as well as setting the deadkey and modulation. With the ANL switched in,the receive audio is easier on the ears as compared to the 505. This may very well go in to DTB Radio along with the NOS/NIB Ranger TRE-936ffc.
Realistic TRC-435 Service Manual

P.S. It's got a Galaxy style power receptacle in the back and it and the mic was made in the Philippines. Sweet!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    560.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Not tested is the biggest Tell for me . especially when they have sold over a dozen radio's . any one that sells radio's (buys them as well ) which you cant tell me if you deal with buying and selling radios you do not test them .
bull crap. lets not forget" got it at an estate sale" .........lol

Not tested is the biggest Tell for me . especially when they have sold over a dozen radio's . any one that sells radio's (buys them as well ) which you cant tell me if you deal with buying and selling radios you do not test them .
bull crap. lets not forget" got it at an estate sale" .........lol

Yes,there seems to be a lot of estate sales these days.

Buying and Selling CB Radios Online - YouTube

http://www.cbradiomagazine.com/CBClassifieds/
Dirland DSS 9000(Ranger) 10-12 meter radio sold for only $129 with six bidders. That's the one with the fancy capital 'F' scratched into the top case cover. It was described as new. As much as I wanted a 10-12 meter radio,I steered clear of this one.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned