• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

EBAY SELLERS

eBay Seller listings. "Don't believe anything you read and only half of what you see."

When in doubt ask plenty of questions and ask for more photos of the item if you have never had a previous transaction with the seller before.

This is NOS. on the radio's faceplate it says 'Mic Power Amplifier'. The meter has fairly good forward swing good modulation and even has a place on the mic to put your call sign. Motor Mouth Maul sounds real good on the receive but a CB'er 6 miles away with he's modulation cut loose sounds loud and awful. It's got a louvered speaker grill directed towards the front. I like the receive audio.
I really like this radio!
Original purchase date:12/80 from Consumer's Distribution,Brooklyn,NY

nice thats the same one my dad had back in the day was a real nice talking radio from what i could remember still wish he didnt sell it

nice thats the same one my dad had back in the day was a real nice talking radio from what i could remember still wish he didnt sell it

They are nice. Thirty something year old radios that have never been used. I pull both my 3-5813A&B models out of their boxes every once in a while to talk on them. They just look good. Not jazzed up. Although they're a different beast from my 959 I still appreciate them for what they are and sound good over the air. The B model is DTB tuned along with the main audio cap he replaced on his own because it made the TX & RX audio sound better. I redneck tuned the A model which does pretty good too. Sams Photofact books I have came in very handy in this case because they show which screws to turn.

I did some testing with my GE radios with stock mic's and with a Road Devil mic. The GE's have a mic preamp built in to where all that needs to be done is adjust the modulation pot to one's preference. The 3-5813B that I just got back from having DTB do a basic tune,I used that to set a reference base for the other GE modulation wise(read Redman CB Modulation meter)It also helped me set a fellow CB'er's GE 3-5814A. I gave him a brand new RD mic that I had gotten for myself but didn't need. However,the GE has a high enough audio gain to where all the Road Devil did was make it squeal. I had to keep the Road Devil's volume slider almost all the way off. So,standard stock GE hand mic is what's in it and sounds good. The guy's radio sounds good on the air.

Sounds like what I'm experiencing.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned