• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

eBayer gone mad?

Simplex autopatch was very popular round here in the day. Used to be a local here that would let dudes patch into his phone to call family.

Your base rig is interfaced with your home phone. Your range is limited by propagation between your mobile and your home base.

You still have to have a "control" operator present at the base even though your talking to someone on the phone. the phone user is the "third" party.

Radio shack used to sell a simplex autopatch base interconnect box to connect your base rig to Ma Bell. There are other manuafactures also and can be seen for sale.

I know what that it. I used to run MARS patches from a Drake TR-7 to ships in the Gulf from NNN0NHA in Norfolk, VA when I was in the Navy.

My "huh" was aimed at the mobile simplex phone patch capability of the radio being sold. Not sure how that works. You have to have a land based station with a patch interface to landline. By his definition any CB radio in a pickup truck is capable of simplex phone patch operation.

I know what that it. I used to run MARS patches from a Drake TR-7 to ships in the Gulf from NNN0NHA in Norfolk, VA when I was in the Navy.

My "huh" was aimed at the mobile simplex phone patch capability of the radio being sold. Not sure how that works. You have to have a land based station with a patch interface to landline. By his definition any CB radio in a pickup truck is capable of simplex phone patch operation.

It seems 147.435 is having issues with freebanders and autopatch. A ham has allowed nonhams to get on 435 to talk garbage to hams.

Sent from Outerspace, on the DarkSide of X.

You take that radio advertised, hook it up to the autopatch as a base. Then a mobile within range can use the patch.

That particular rig has the interface with it. basically plug and play. I didn't run phone patch in the military, but I sure made my share of calls while deployed around the globe.

all this autopatch stuff is confusing. i think crossbanding will work too wont it? like the new kenwoods......

Too Much

People are paying way to much on EBay mostly NFG's that do not know any better they over pay way too much for used gear.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.