• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

EchoLink

NorthStar

Administrator
Mar 21, 2005
I think we need to get a little net together of hams here on the forum on echolink. I know Novakor and Buttfuzz have echolink anyone else interested?

I'm not sure what echolink is I will have to read up on it. SOMEONE FILL ME IN

There's also IRLP. My problem is finding a couple of repeaters on either network that I can access with my HT. Seems like when I'm work, the ones near work are down, and at home the ones at home are down. Northstar, maybe we can figure out something to get going. I keep telling myself that I should just hook my own station up to the internet, but too many projects...not enough time....

NorthStar,i am working on a node that we could use,however in the process i have find out that my Echolink is not working since i had wireless networking installed.I ran a test through there website and have found problems,just need to fix them :p
In the mean time i need input on what the best day and time net could be held.What would be best for everyone considering
different time zones?
73,Stu

I have my echo link hooked up at home and able to connect to QSO but noone gets back to me. Do I have to use my mike or can I type the worlds? Why doesn't anyone get back to me. I also have it in my wireless note book but can't connect to QSO, wonder why?

novakor said:
NorthStar,i am working on a node that we could use,however in the process i have find out that my Echolink is not working since i had wireless networking installed.I ran a test through there website and have found problems,just need to fix them :p
In the mean time i need input on what the best day and time net could be held.What would be best for everyone considering
different time zones?
73,Stu

Stu

I had High Speed Wireless for a year and could NEVER get echolink to work, I went to comcast and a Linksys wireless router and it works fine.

NOW I got rid of the wireless router and use the Linksys router provided by Vonage and now I cant get it to work again!!!

DAMNIT

But the high speed with comcast and $24.95 a month phone bill with Vonage is BEAUTIFULLLLLLLL.

I will figure it eventually but if you have any tips let me know.

Its all about the firewall :x

EchoStank

ButtFuzz here.
(not there)

1. I'm still alive.
2. Let's all link up on EchoStank. I'll start leaving it on at my place. US area 4, Call Sign KG4ZPN.

If you have high-speed and just can't get EchoStank to work using "conventional" methods, have your ISP issue you a static IP address (on a trial basis, of course) and see if that clears up the problem.

If you've tried everything to get the program working, then 98% of the time you're going to have to get that lovely and talented static IP.

'Fuzz.

"Hooked on hydroponics worked for me!"

OK, I fired up echolink the other night to look at the program after a long time.

Two quick questions:

1. If I'm using my HT to access an echolink link station, how do I call another station across the internet? I either had too much to drink while looking at it, or was just having a mind block (or both LOL)

2. What are the legalities of leaving your rig up as an internet link if it's unattended? I can leave my rig connected to my computer, but if it's being used to TX to my HT or mobile, don't I need to have the ability to remotely shut down the linking rig?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.