• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Egypt Internet/Media Services blocked 1/28

A couple of things to keep in mind, any Egyptian radio op is probably going to be extra careful about what they say on the air, if they say anything at all. Second, without a third party agreement anything other than personal remarks between the two operators is prohibited.

Why would the lack of a third party agreement prevent Egyptian amateurs from commenting on the current state of affairs affecting their country? A third party agreement would pertain to the passing of traffic from a non amateur station via amateur radio. There is nothing preventing amateurs from commenting on anything that they wish to discuss.

This bring up another thought for me. If by chance (and a pretty good chance) our government decided to shut the internet down, can they also block or scramble Ham frequencies so they are unusable to us?
the military has the old warlock systems and the newer CVRJ's and DUKE systems. they all do the same thing which is scramble frequencies. they use them in Iraq to scramble cell freqs for the ied's that are cell initiated. although, they are meant for cell freqs, they can be adjusted to work on many other freqs. one time i had a humvee with a cvrj drive by my truck and it knocked out my ipod trnsmitter.

Why would the lack of a third party agreement prevent Egyptian amateurs from commenting on the current state of affairs affecting their country? A third party agreement would pertain to the passing of traffic from a non amateur station via amateur radio. There is nothing preventing amateurs from commenting on anything that they wish to discuss.

Those are two separate issues. I did not mean to combine or relate them. Still those amateurs are living under a dictatorship and we don't know the political conditions under which they are able to obtain and retain their licenses.

forget the watered down american media

All these american sites make you watch advertising before you watch their watered down videos

Bunch of assholes

no watered down advertised filled videos here,,,,,,,,

AJE - Al Jazeera English

Those are two separate issues. I did not mean to combine or relate them. Still those amateurs are living under a dictatorship and we don't know the political conditions under which they are able to obtain and retain their licenses.

True. Sorry if I misinterpreted what you meant. For some reason lately I have run across several people that had no idea what a third party agreement was really all about.

Maybe he's still afraid that someone loyal to Ayatollah Khomeini or like him will start a religious dictatorship to replace what they already have, guess what? all we have to do is offer our people a way out of Egypt and say fuck them and let the chips fall where they may especially since they hate all non-3rd world countries and will not hesitate to make them look like the evil ones.

I started this thread with one question, "Are there amateur operators communicating news out of Egypt?".

I see that there has been some reports but it is clear that as of today all forms of communication are working to some extent.

Last night Brian Williams and team were reporting the evening news from in-country.

Thanks to all who have provided input and constructive comments.

Aside from the comedy banter, this is leaning to political and off topic.

William

I started this thread with one question, "Are there amateur operators communicating news out of Egypt?".

I see that there has been some reports but it is clear that as of today all forms of communication are working to some extent.

Last night Brian Williams and team were reporting the evening news from in-country.

Thanks to all who have provided input and constructive comments.

Aside from the comedy banter, this is leaning to political and off topic.

William

You'll notice news out despite hams low participation in this crisis, as I figured they are false prophets.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.