• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Eimac 4CX

Se7en

Jun 27, 2010
Ca
Are These accurate specs:

Plate Dissipation (Max.) 25,000 Watts
Screen Dissipation (Max.) 300 Watts
Grid Dissipation (Max.) 180 Watts
Frequency for Max. rating (CW) 230 MHz

That's 25 thousand Watts output right? and it's a 25LB tube:blink:

Attachments

• cemco.jpg
    cemco.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 354
A 4cx ?????
there are many in the 4CX series of tubes..

Data sheets on RF power Tetrodes

Are you looking for BIG tubes?
Air Cooled?
Water Cooled?
Vapor cooling?
One with a Pond out front ?
Look at the 4CN300,000 Tube.
http://www.g8wrb.org/data/Eimac/4CM300000GA.pdf

All you need is a Hydro-electric power plant to run it.....

Below is a Smaller version.

Actually Jeff that is a test set up for Eimacs two million watt transmitter tube.

Triode Electronics-Mega Ongaku!

That's 25 KW worth of dissipation, not output. Unless the amplifier is only working at 50% efficiency you should be able to achieve over 25 KW output in AB1 service. Those are just guidelines for continuous duty service, not intermittent communications service where it could safely do far more with ample cooling. "Homebrew" projects utilizing tubes like these are often more limited by the design of the power supplies and RF deck rather then the tubes capabilities.

Kind of like using a pair of 4CP250B's to make 10Kw in radar service. I dare say that most people are concerned with what a tube will do in voice service and some even care about what they will do in clean AB voice service. A few care about class C voice service (yuck) and almost nobody cares about pulsed service. :D

Given enough mic gain and accompanying RF cutoff, I do believe some people have figured out an alternate voice mode utilizing pulse. May require a little tweaking to get a desired duty cycle though.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated