• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

elite tx2250

May 31, 2009
quebec canada
Hi I`am new and was wondering if anyone could help me.I need to find a schematic for my old amp. its a elite line tx2250,its been modified someone put in 2 2sc2879 instead of the original 2cs2290 worked great for 4 years,but now its dead.checked the finals tested good,but some resistors burnt don`t know the values.Any help would be appreciated!

maybe this can help

Attachments

• elite tx2250-d.jpg
    elite tx2250-d.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 84
First question I ask is if you can transmit through it turned off. I call this the "barrel connector" test. If you can't transmit and receive through it with the power turned off, that's one kind of problem.

Do you hear the relay go "click" when you key the mike?

An amplifier that won't activate the relay when you transmit has a different problem.

A burned resistor that's connected to ground on one side, and to the transistor's input lead on the other tells you THAT transistor has broken down and shorted inside.

Permanently.

Just because the transistor looks good doesn't mean it works. I have a box of blown-out RF transistors that all look perfectly okay. Makes me wonder how much gold you can recover from a hundred of those. Would probably cost twice what the recovered metal is worth.

If you unsoldered the base and collector leads of each transistor and then connected a transistor tester to each one, you could say if either or both is good.

Short of that, you're just guessing.

Or hoping. Or both.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated