• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Elkin mobile 175?

Not sure about "175"
The Elkin boxes never used numbers, Just Elkin 2 tube, 4 tube ect.
So if it is mobile they made a 2, 4, and 8 tube.
Pretty good old amps. They have not made any amps in 10 to 15 years. And were made here in NC. So if it has 175 on it, is that stamped on the unit? If so that is the production number and would make it over 20 years old.

That's about it. On/Off, Rec/Off, High/Low. Elkin 175. Can't tell you much more than that. Has a number on the back written in ink, 1131 where you tag is to show Ant. in or out. Not much smaller than the SuperStar 250 boxes. It is the only trans type box from Elkin I have ever seen.

I don't know anything other than that. It was purchased a long time ago and not by me. Just thought I might could get a little information about them. This is the only one I have ever seen. It was property of a radio shop in my area. He used it for his personal radio until his health got bad and had to give it up. That is how I obtained this box.

I will call a friend of mine that was a dealer for ESC (Elkin Service Center).
If anyone knows it would be him. He has been running a radio shop for 30 plus years. I think he is closed on Wednesday so it would be the day after . He is now 71 years old and simi retired.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.