• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Emperor TS-5010

badfish

Dec 1, 2008
Hello, I have a Emperor 5010 that I hooked up the power wires to backwards by accident. I replaced the diode D173 (witch was blown apart) and it still don't seem to be transmitting.

Any suggestions?

This is kind've a dumb question, but did you put the diode in backwards? Are there any burnt traces beyond the diode?

I dont think so, i put the banded end to the arrow point on the PCB. Radio lights up and receives fine, just dont seem to transmit.

Does it actually switch from RX to TX mode when you key? Are you just getting not power out at all? You're probably going to have to pull the schematic from CBTricks and work backwards from the power connector to find what else blew.

Was bothering me so I took it to the local repair shop. It ended up being I blew a driver. Got it replaced and it works fine.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.