• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Empire State Building creating RFI

I saw this story somewhere else. Apparently the problem is the theft alarms in some cars. The starter inhibit feature locks up and the car will not start. The problem may not be a problem that the FCC has to look into. The problem may be a product of mixing or just plain poor shielding on the part of the auto makers which is more likely.

To many cheap things made in china without shielding on them! Those litle switching power supplies on laptops and other things couse some havoc in my opinion. Have not had much luck with the ac adapters for cell phones that are now starting to be switching type either. One more reason Im glad I no longer live in the city!

Well, the fcc has standards concerning rfi.

A product licensed under a certian code number, must not emit rfi, and must accept any rfi it recieves.

Sounds like your typical made in china product. I wonder why the fcc made that rfi ruling? How many hams at the fcc participated in the rule making? The hams wanted an easy rfi rule to live under. One where consumer products have a lable the ham can point out to that says his reciever is junk and the ham radio is not.

Well, the fcc has standards concerning rfi.

Sounds like your typical made in china product. I wonder why the fcc made that rfi ruling? How many hams at the fcc participated in the rule making? The hams wanted an easy rfi rule to live under. One where consumer products have a lable the ham can point out to that says his reciever is junk and the ham radio is not.

I do not go along with that way of thinking at all. Hams would MUCH rather see tougher RFI/EMI laws regarding the manufacturing of goods. It is easier to get along with neighbors who have no interferance than it is to point and say "See you are screwed.The label says so."Too many hams have been harrassed even when they are 100% clean and not at fault. They were basically held hostage by crappy consumer goods.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.