• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Equiping a test/repair bench

Thanks again Robb, I used the advanced search and can't find the article where you made the rf sampler.
If you could point it out to me, or the part number for the ferrite it would be so helpful.

Just about any ferrite will work; this isn't a real critical tuned circuit here. We are just pulling off enough energy so the counter or the O'scope can get a grip on it.

By chance - do you have an old computer motherboard that is broken or so old that you don't want or need it for anything? If so; there are ferrites on these boards ready to use as is. Just unsolder one off the board and use it; it will have a dozen or so windings on it. That is OK. Like I said, this is not a critically tuned circuit here, it will work. I buy mine from a surplus electronics store here in Silicon Valley for about $.25 each.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Right under the counter is an old board from a car's amplifier that I kept for parts. I'll make one tomorrow.

Well I bought it and I am gonna use it......if I can find the proper probes.

It has 2 settings 1 second and auto?

Its solid built.

I got my probe in the mail today and the B&K 1801 worked great.....got the Uniden Washington all aligned. :)

2 legs good , 4 legs better?

Harvested three toroid coils all with dual windings.

would it make sense to join the two windings for capturing a stronger signal ?

Since I have more than two, should I dedicate one to the 'oscope and one to the counter?

I plan on mounting two BNC in the connection box of my AR-WM1 meter remote connection box. seems to have sufficient real estate for both the coils and the BNC's.

Attachments

• tc-4a.jpg
    tc-4a.jpg
    571.9 KB · Views: 27
  • tc-5a.jpg
    tc-5a.jpg
    605.6 KB · Views: 27
  • tc-7a.jpg
    tc-7a.jpg
    654.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 009aa.jpg
    009aa.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 27
I got my probe in the mail today and the B&K 1801 worked great.....got the Uniden Washington all aligned. :)

Hey, I got one of those in a trade! Guess I had something good and didn't even realize it. (y)

Glad you got your Washington tuned up. They are very nice rigs!

RT307

Hey, I got one of those in a trade! Guess I had something good and didn't even realize it. (y)

Glad you got your Washington tuned up. They are very nice rigs!

RT307

Yep...it did the job just fine.

Thanks....I like it.....I just purchased a D104 Silver Eagle for it...should sound really good on it.

im really thinking about going down this road ...........i wouldn't be thinking about it if i had someone in my area that repairs radios............

i live in western ky and i have several radios that need work ......i have the books from lou franklin and have had them since the late 90s...i have changed the diodes before to get one working but never more in depth .......i own a welding shop/ machine shop and i dont have alot of free time to learn ...i just wish i could find a good tech within driving distance because id rather pay someone that knows how ..........lol

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.