1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

Europe is LOUD here in Florida

Discussion in 'Interesting DX Contacts' started by SharpShooter, Oct 19, 2010.

1. SharpShooter

SharpShooter Member

GREAT conditions this morning.

27.385 L and also 27.550 U

Talked to many stations in

Netherlands
    England
    France
    Scotland
    South Wales
    Isle of Man

And it's still going on:w00t:

2. CamoRedneck

CamoRedneck KJ4PUF

Yep heard Nova Scotia also.

3. SharpShooter

SharpShooter Member

Europe was coming in with fair conditions this morning....27.385 L and 27.555 U

D-13....Germany
    D-14....France
    D-29....Ireland
    D-108....Scotland

4. distortion

distortion Active Member

I talked to Ireland, and Corsica.. definitely was slamming in strong.

5. DXman

DXman Yes, that's 3100 degrees F. Nine yrs of hard work.

sharpshooter,
    Are you hearing anything from European Russia or anything from the middle east yet?

6. SharpShooter

SharpShooter Member

nothing yet.

7. ajm1571

ajm1571 Active Member

today around noon est. I was in the mobile and heard many EU stations on .385 and had so much traffic on .555 that I couldn't make out any one person! Got back to the house an had a powerline down in teh neighbors yard on fire an had NO power here so using the base was out of the question. Power has been hit an miss here all day due to teh horrendous winds that we are still getting.

8. HomerBB

HomerBB Sr. Member

Yesterday, 10 -27, I heard Europe in NW Arkansas. The conditions were not the best for me, and the radio I had in line was out of alignment on SSB. I managed a contact with Jean in France on 27.405 LSB with the radio sitting on what should have been 27.415.