• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ever notice

All the skip i hear,, here,, is on channel 6 (plus splash on 7). how about you ?
I call channel 6 the super bowl. Most of those guys have over modulated poorly tuned splatter boxes cranking out thousands of watts. They think keying up and bleeding three channels either side of the channel their on is a good radio. I'd be embarrassed if my radio sounded like that.

Earlier in the year skip was fantastic. Every night I talked all over the US with 300 watts or less and made as many as 24 contacts in 14 different states in a couple hours. Conditions have changed and now I really have to search to get a good signal that lasts long enough to make a contact. As stated earlier, if channel 6 is booming, start scanning other frequencies. Only a matter of time and mother nature will show you some love, you just gotta be at the right place at the right time.

And they all sound the same.... there's a superbowl lingo with an accent required to talk on there with them, on top of several K watts with gutted limiters.

Occasionally there's a good sounding station on 6 but that's not often. When that MM Maul makes the trip to Texas, it does sound good and the guy speaks in an intelligent manner.

And they all sound the same.... there's a superbowl lingo with an accent required to talk on there with them, on top of several K watts with gutted limiters.

Occasionally there's a good sounding station on 6 but that's not often. When that MM Maul makes the trip to Texas, it does sound good and the guy speaks in an intelligent manner.
Das right. Ol foty two ain't got nothin on me. He got a big radio and he make noise but he can't stop me. He can't stop me (repeat 4 times) and I'm the weakest station in the nation. But that's all I gots to say and I be back quie
Never pronounce the "t" in quiet, and key up again after you talk trash and sign off within 20 secounds. SMH

Last edited:
Reactions: Rwb and Eldorado828
There are plenty of guys running nice gear on 6 that enjoy playing radio, not everyone runs a splatter box.
To bad the guys running wide signals get all the attention.
Ch 7 is very active with Mexico and Central America here if the band is open.
Ch 11 is a local one in Hawaii

The numbers look like they are picking up maybe we will get some more openings.

Jeff

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.