• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

explain wires x fusion

Rwb

tell the devil im gettin there as fast as i can,r
Jun 30, 2018
i get my ft 200 dr yaesu hooked to my pc. i explore .find room with 100 yes people on standby. i look .hour later 100 on standby. no talking. and there are more but just set silent.
i squeeze mic give my call sign and cq. i get a reply ,guy asks where n my name we exchange that. then he says we best clear off this "BUSY ROOM ". i politely say busy? nobody speaks in an hour , OHHH wait your 1 of those grumpy farts who dont want anybody to use this just like on repeaters.
is this how it works? hell no wonder new hams show up n about week later never are on the radio.
ive heard so many bullshit reasons to get off repeaters and now wires x fusion went the same way.
dammed if im gonna have radio and pc on n set n stare at callsigns but not talk.
might sell this fusion wires x cause we cant use it just like repeaters.
what i want to know mostly is why is tere 1 who rules the roost everywhere you go and stops anybody from using these items ?

I've never once run into the Frequency Police on HF/VHF. Must be a walkie-talkie thing.

• Haha
Reactions: Rwb
i get my ft 200 dr yaesu hooked to my pc. i explore .find room with 100 yes people on standby. i look .hour later 100 on standby. no talking. and there are more but just set silent.
i squeeze mic give my call sign and cq. i get a reply ,guy asks where n my name we exchange that. then he says we best clear off this "BUSY ROOM ". i politely say busy? nobody speaks in an hour , OHHH wait your 1 of those grumpy farts who dont want anybody to use this just like on repeaters.
is this how it works? hell no wonder new hams show up n about week later never are on the radio.
ive heard so many bullshit reasons to get off repeaters and now wires x fusion went the same way.
dammed if im gonna have radio and pc on n set n stare at callsigns but not talk.
might sell this fusion wires x cause we cant use it just like repeaters.
what i want to know mostly is why is tere 1 who rules the roost everywhere you go and stops anybody from using these items ?
A captive audience of 100 people? Don't tell the 11111111 guy.

I've never once run into the Frequency Police on HF/VHF. Must be a walkie-talkie thing.
in due time you will find them or your not in same places i am at

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.