• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Export radio choices..

Export radio choices..

• Lincoln 2+ v3

Votes: 12 18.8%
  • Anytone AT-5555 v6

Votes: 6 9.4%
  • Anytone AT-6666

Votes: 15 23.4%
  • Stryker 955HPC

Votes: 16 25.0%
  • Ranger 2950

Votes: 11 17.2%
  • Ranger 2970N2

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters
I use the CRT9900 (6666) exclusively on side bands. I spoke to someone within a few hours of getting the new radio and he asked what radio I was using (a ham who is also a pirate that I remember from 4-5 years ago, let's face it most hams are.. bottom line is 11m is the most exciting of the lot.) and he said you are bang on frequency which is rare and the modulation is very good.

I would buy the same radio again without a second thought. Very happy.

They have been largely out of stock for a couple of months here, that backs the good reports up.

Just make sure you fit at least 40mm fan on the back. (edit to update = 80mm fan !)

Last edited:
Here’s an FT-891 in my truck. I set my first 40 memory channels up for 11 meters. My VFO A/B are set up for channel 19 and lower 36 USB so I can quick change between my favorites. While mobile the radio is locked so I can’t accidentally change frequencies. About 50 watts on AM and 100 on SSB. Get great audio reports. The NB and DNR remove virtually all noise. I do get a tad whine when accelerating which I could eliminate with more bonding.
I have an FT-891. Use it for SSB. And it works great. I put a boom mic on it and set up the internal eq for am. They don’t have the AM punch of a FB radio. I wouldn’t have one as my only radio.

Reactions: Slowmover
Actually today I have just "upgraded" the radio by putting a 80mm silent computer fan on it. The larger fan does not whine as much, so much quieter and larger area of air flow, and across the top of the radio as well, much better. I still just used super glue, it should hold up ok by the looks of things.

the difference between that and the 6666 is the 6666 has an extra filter and extra FETS for a little more power.

I had the 5555. Was a good rig. Bigger than the 6666. I currently had the 6666. If a 5555v6 fell in my lap I'd keep it though.

There are a few of those 5555v6 on ebay at the moment, they look ok and I think the programing cable is the same for 6666 and the 5555.

Reactions: Tokin
Anyone got there hands on the latest version Superstar 9900v4 yet?
As with all these I wonder if they got the bugs worked out ?
I like that they enabled 12 meters in the last one.

Jeff
Is there a specific bug in those that you're referring to? I've 2 6666v2 and I've found no issues with mine but maybe I just haven't discovered what it is yet.

The CRT SS 9900v4 is a newer version with 10/11/12 meters.
the first ones out had problems with programming repeater offsets and ctcss tones, just wondering if they got that sorted out.

Jeff

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated