1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

Export Radios, Amps, and the Police?

Discussion in 'FCC Activity' started by 530, Jan 13, 2020.

1. 543_Dallas

543_Dallas Sr. Member

12 or 15 years ago the local radio rambo ended up in a similar situation. His neighbors kept calling the cops for the interference he was causing. They finally paid him a visit and he started playing mobile rambo. I figured he had other things going on at the house and didn't want the police coming around.

530 likes this.

2. Tokin

Tokin 42Zero Tampa

The cop says "tell it to the judge..."

530 likes this.
  3. Rwb

Rwb Sr. Member

rethink that look at gun control.illinois n virginia comes up quick,ny,couple more

Blackcat630 and Tallman like this.
  4. fourstringburn

fourstringburn W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member K5KNM

Interesting, never was aware of that being fact only heard about it but I don't always believe everything I hear.

2NC995, S&W357 and Tallman like this.
  5. TIN_CAN

TIN_CAN Well-Known Member

You might be right!

Rwb and 2NC995 like this.
  6. Blackcat630

Blackcat630 Sr. Member

Just had to renew my Illinois FOID (firearm owner identification card) If we stay here and that's a big IF we stay in Illinois a little longer I have to posses this to own a firearm or even buy ammo. Hopefully my job takes me out of the Nazi police state of Illinois for good.. we shall see..

Slowmover and Rwb like this.
  7. Rwb

Rwb Sr. Member

Yes hard to belive you cross the river n step in illinois bs

8. Blackcat630

Blackcat630 Sr. Member

Yup cross the river and pretty much everything goes down. Gas, tobacco, alchohol, property taxes. One thing seems to go up.. public school test scores. We have a slew of gas stations and tobacco shops all set up as soon as you cross into Missouri and Kentucky. I dont smoke anymore but the difference is astronomical. $30 less for a carton. Gas drops 40-60 cents a gallon. Alchohol is about the only thing that's not a huge drop. Guess they figured it's best for the residents of Illinois to stay drunk so they dont care about living in Illinois..

But but but.. weed is legal now. You should see the taxes on that stuff!! Anyway didn't mean to completely throw this thread off the rails. :)

#38 Blackcat630, Feb 15, 2020 at 8:02 PM
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2020 at 8:08 PM
    Shadetree Mechanic, 2NC995 and Rwb like this.
  9. Rwb

Rwb Sr. Member

id have to stay intoxicated to stay in illinoisy

binrat, 2NC995 and Blackcat630 like this.
  10. 999

999 Well-Known Member

This is different as there are local laws governing firearms, but nothing about what radio equipment is legal or not. That is all determined at the federal level.

The enforcement ability may have been allocated to local authorities, but 99.999% of them will not do anything about it because A) they don't have the resources to deal with non-violent stuff like this and B) they don't know anything about what would be legal or not. They just don't have the requisite training or resources to enforce the laws/rules that are out there.

11. fourstringburn

fourstringburn W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member K5KNM

I would add that they probably don't care either.

999 likes this.