• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

External mic for mobile VHF

Its not the circuit where the.ptt and updwn buttons are. I think its the rj45 to 8pin pig tail adapter ia missing wire inside the rj45 plug. If you look at the stock mic all 6 terminals are used well on the aftermarket wire only 4 are used.

★ Sent from my Droid★

That's interesting. Do you feel liuke trying a new rj45 plug with all 6 wires connected? My one concern might be that it causes damage to the radio. Maybe they were disconnected fo a reason.

That's interesting. Do you feel liuke trying a new rj45 plug with all 6 wires connected? My one concern might be that it causes damage to the radio. Maybe they were disconnected fo a reason.

Why would there be 6 on the stock mic pkug and only 3+ground on extencion cable ? When I first bought the ftm-350ar I didnt buy a mic extencion kit I went to fry's and got my own wire and female plug but made the mistake of buying a 4 wire cable after I bought the 6 wire cable the mic worked. It's very possible it could nuke the radio but I doubt it will because the 5+ v wire is in the correct place (ptt led lights up). Its stupid to have up dwn buttons and them not to work.

★ Sent from my Droid★

Iv been in contact wit the seller on eBay he is checking with the factory manager to figure out why the up down buttons not working.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Where did you mount the mic boom becides your head ? The mic is the same here have to turn the mic gain up a bit but if you remove the wind screen it improves the mic audio by 45%. i am going to take apart the PTT and see why the up and dwn buttons are not working maybe they weren't soldered right?

★ Sent from my Droid★

I tried it wedged under the cover for the compartment on my flip down console and I was told that it sounded pretty good. I was sitting at the time and that might not be the case when I'm moving. I haven't really had a chance to try it wearing the mic like a headset. If that works well, then I might modify it with a strap.

Let us know what you find out about the up and down buttons. They aren't a real issue for me since the radio's head is within easy reach.

I tried it wedged under the cover for the compartment on my flip down console and I was told that it sounded pretty good. I was sitting at the time and that might not be the case when I'm moving. I haven't really had a chance to try it wearing the mic like a headset. If that works well, then I might modify it with a strap.

Let us know what you find out about the up and down buttons. They aren't a real issue for me since the radio's head is within easy reach.

I still think if they added all 6 wires on the rj45 it would solve that up and down buttons. I haven't gotten any word back yet on the issue... IMO why not try a head set hooked to the radio ? ( is that legal in a vehicle)?

★ Sent from my Droid★

Is it possible to cut off the rubbe band mount? I would like to surface mount it to my door pannel beside my driving hand control. Thanks

Yes, but u don't need to just drill ur hole where u want to mount the ptt on the ptt.

I was just thinbking about making it thinner and get rid of extra plastic. Thanks, i'll just have to order one.:)
Cheers

Its pretty cool yes get one if u need one. Also u could chave the plastic as the wire and circuit can be completely removed from plastic housing

Ok, I just got one delivered. Have you heard back from the seller about the up/down issue and what to do to fix it? Also if the power wire is left un-connected is it just used to light up the led?

Ok, I just got one delivered. Have you heard back from the seller about the up/down issue and what to do to fix it? Also if the power wire is left un-connected is it just used to light up the led?

Nope it lights up w/o that red wire...no response back from the seller about the buttons. I still need to purchase a cable with 6 leads rather than the one supplied

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.